Trusted Contributor

a good way to decide if you want to add a cok book to your collection is to check it out at your local library and see ifyou really do want it.  i work for a local library and i do this all the time.  

i find many times, some cook books  are just not worth the money and others are well worth the money.  it just depends on what you like.

Honored Contributor

That is an excellent suggestion. I tossed so many cookbooks over the years. Now I just get them at the library. That's how I read David's cookbooks. I do own two from Mary Beth because her recipes reminded me of the "church lady" type of cooking I grew up with.

Super Contributor

Re: cook book lovers

[ Edited ]

That's a good idea. What I do is put a wanted cookbook on my Amazon wish list and just wait a good while, like a year or so, and get it used, in good shape for much cheaper. Nothing's so great it has to be bought when new. And remember that the QVC price is oftentimes more expensive that Amazon's price and you never get free shipping here.

Trusted Contributor

i should not say this but i look over the cookbooks and then copy any recipe that i want.  the autthors don't like it when you do this but i don't care.

Respected Contributor

I just started doing this and have one ready to be returned to our library.  Trying to decide if I want to purchase or just copy some recipes.  The cookbook is "D@mn Delicious"  Forget the cook's name but she has a web site same name as cookbook.  Recipes easy and look pretty tasty.  Check it out.  You may like her site.