Respected Contributor

Re: What Are You Reading --- July 2015

I just finished The Ghost Fields (Elly Griffiths) and absolutely loved it.  I adore the main character.  Now I'm sad I have to wait another year for the next installment.

I also read Our Souls At Night (Kent Haruf) and wish I had the time back. 

I'm finally on to Go Set A Watchman (Harper Lee)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Am I allowed to mention a cookbook? I read them like novels. Does that help? I just got Marlene Koch's third book that the Q has sold as far as I know. I got it at Amazon, since the Q is selling 2 and I only need the one. Honestly there's some great recipes I want to try. They also have the points for WW if you too are doing that. Just my contribution this month. LOL.  EAT WHAT YOU LOVE EVERYDAY.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Am I allowed to mention a cookbook? I read them like novels. Does that help? I just got Marlene Koch's third book that the Q has sold as far as I know. I got it at Amazon, since the Q is selling 2 and I only need the one. Honestly there's some great recipes I want to try. They also have the points for WW if you too are doing that. Just my contribution this month. LOL.  EAT WHAT YOU LOVE EVERYDAY.

I love Jan Karon's Mitford Cookbook and Kitchen Reader. It's best if you're a Mitford fan Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

First book I've read by this author who has penned quite a few books.......

Book.png

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@qualitygal wrote:

I love Jan Karon's Mitford Cookbook and Kitchen Reader. It's best if you're a Mitford fan Smiley Happy

I'll write it down and check on it, thanks!

Super Contributor

@skyblue wrote:
Hi SAGAL! I am grateful for your recommendation for SECRETS OF A CHARMED LIFE! I have thoroughly enjoyed it! I will definitely investigate A FALL OF MARIGOLDS, too!

Hi Skyblue,  I think you will enjoy A Fall of Marigolds - I really enjoy this author!

Super Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Hi QualityGal, I have Marlene's first book and I am on Weight Watchers.  It has been great having good recipes on hand.  I'll look into her others on Amazon!  Thanks!

Super Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@qualitygal wrote:

Hi Judaline, I loved the Jan Karon Cookbook too.  I listened to her books on tape years ago - I'd kind of like to go back and read them for the first time.

Super Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

Just finished THE KIND WORTH KILLING by Peter Swanson.  It was pretty good.  Told in the first person by three people, a bit reminiscent of Gone Girl in the manner of presentation.  LM

here is the storyline from Good Reads...

A devious tale of psychological suspense involving sex, deception, and an accidental encounter that leads to murder. This is a modern re-imagining of Patricia Highsmith’s classic Strangers on a Train from the author of the acclaimed The Girl with a Clock for a Heart.

On a night flight from London to Boston, Ted Severson meets the mysterious Lily Kintner. Sharing one too many martinis, the strangers begin to play a game of truth, revealing intimate details about themselves. Ted talks about his marriage and his wife Miranda, who he’s sure is cheating on him. But their game turns dark when Ted jokes that he could kill Miranda for what she’s done. Lily, without missing a beat, says calmly, “I’d like to help.”

From there, Ted and Lily’s twisted bond grows stronger as they plot Miranda's demise, but soon these co-conspirators are embroiled in a game of cat-and-mouse--one they both cannot survive--with a shrewd and very determined detective on their tail.

Hi Lilysmom - This is too funny - I just got The Kind Worth Killing so was deciding if I wanted to read it next - you just thought is was pretty good?

Super Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:
SAGAL, I am not reading as much as normal as I am a big gardener so I don't spend much time indoors in these summer months. Got to say, I am liking your choices though. Think I'll just click on your name for fall and winter reading haha. Happy Monday! Happy reading! LM

Hi Lilysmom,

I love gardening - worked in a nursery for seven years and had a beautiful yard.  Now, not so much.  I still love gardening but miss my discount and its too hot here now to enjoy being outside - I'm in Texas.