Honored Contributor

The Reader's Path - painting

You find the coolest stuff on Pinterest.  I thought the bookworms here might like this.  It's from: SOURCE

The Reader's Path by jerry8448

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Re: The Reader's Path - painting

Gorgeous! And thank you for linking to the source site. I added it to my Pinterest board as well.

Honored Contributor

Hi @ChynnaBlue

Having worked in the field of intellectual property almost my whole career, I believe it's important to credit the artist, author, or originator of any work.  Thanks for the recognition for doing that.

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

Hi @ChynnaBlue

Having worked in the field of intellectual property almost my whole career, I believe it's important to credit the artist, author, or originator of any work.  Thanks for the recognition for doing that.

And thank you for doing that! I was just telling someone that I was sorry to see a meme had been created with the words from a popular Tweet and the name of the guy who wrote them was nowhere on the picture. He said that no one owns anything on social media. That made me mad. I hate it when people quote me without attribution and, like you, work hard to avoid doing it to others. I very much appreciate your efforts to give credit where it's due.

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

Hi @ChynnaBlue

And thank you for doing that! I was just telling someone that I was sorry to see a meme had been created with the words from a popular Tweet and the name of the guy who wrote them was nowhere on the picture. He said that no one owns anything on social media. That made me mad. I hate it when people quote me without attribution and, like you, work hard to avoid doing it to others. I very much appreciate your efforts to give credit where it's due.

@ChynnaBlue  You probably already know this, but that "someone" is quite wrong.  Everything that is "published," whether on paper, online, or in other mediums, including music, is considered to be protected by copyright.  The only reason most do not take action against those who do what that "someone" did is because it is time-consuming and can be costly (as I'm sure you already know).  A piece does not have to be registered with the Copyright Office to have gained protection.   

Honored Contributor

Thank you, it's beautiful. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

Thank you.  It looks like a stairway to Heaven.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

What a great symbol!!!!!!!!  I hope I never arrive

@Big Sister wrote:

Thank you.  It looks like a stairway to Heaven.

at the top of those stairs!!!