Honored Contributor

I am reading A MOTHER LIKE MINE By Kate Hewitt. Just started it, but it is pretty good so far. Anyone else read this? I won it from Goodreads.......I was reading Reconstructing Amelia, but I had to put it down, I just couldn't get into it. I never wanted to pick it up to read, so it just showed me that it wasn't for me, so I decided to put it down and start this one. 

Trusted Contributor

I haven't read it but just googled and it sounds really good. Hopefully, I can reserve at the library. Thanks for the recommendation!

Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN I looked this book up, it sounds really good, our library does not have it, when you are finished can you give your opinion and let us know how you like it, please.

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN I looked this book up, it sounds really good, our library does not have it, when you are finished can you give your opinion and let us know how you like it, please.

@CareBears I definitely will-I just read some more during my lunch, it is really good!!!!! I am enjoying it very much ....Will read more this weekend!I will post my review for sure! I hope your library gets it. You know what I won this on Goodreads, and it is not available for sale until August 8th...Sorry I just noticed that on the side of the book! 

Occasional Contributor

I checked Amazon & it shows the release date of 8/8.  Please let us know what you think after you finish.  Sounds like a book I would enjoy.

Honored Contributor

That does sound good.  I've always been curious about the Lake District in England-- it seems so beautiful and serene.  Poets always seem to want to live there, and if I'm not mistaken, Beatrix Potter of "Peter Rabbit" fame lived there at least part of her life...

Honored Contributor

Sorry forgot to come back on after I finished the book to give a review! I really enjoyed this book. I won it from Goodreads, and I would definitely like to read more from this author. It was a good storyline that kept moving along, and it held my interest. No, it wasn't the best book I have ever read, but interesting enough that I would want to read more from this author! I didn't realize it was like #3 in a series, but I really don't feel you need to read the first 2 in order to read this one at all........