Trusted Contributor

I have so many books I could recommend to you!  But what do you like?  Historical fiction, historical romance, contemporary, suspense, mystery...?  Check out the following publishing houses and click on "fiction" at the top of the web site page:  Bethany House, Revell, Barbour Books, and Baker Book House.  I can recommend authors depending on what genre you like.  

Valued Contributor

Love, love Jan Karon with The Mitford  Series,& Father Tim.Especially if you like continuing characters.You get to meet the people in Milford & into their lives.Its like they become your friends.

Another good series is Deb Macomber Cedar Cove & Rose Harbor series which have crossover characters from 

Cedar Cove.These are a little romance but not bad.

The Covington Sisters are another good series.Can't remember author sorry. Story about older ladies each with their own personalities that decide to buy a home to live in as they made a pact not to go to a rest home.Exciting adventures they get into.Funny too!

If you want laughs go for Miss Julia! Oh my if she doesn't get into some messes.

Hope you find some good ones!!

Occasional Contributor

Thank you!

Occasional Contributor

Thank you! 

Occasional Contributor

ThaRe: Recommendations Please.

Thank you! 

Trusted Contributor

I agree about Debbie Macomber.  I would also recommend LaVyrle Spencer.  She retired, but I'm sure you can still find her books.  Some are historic and some contemporary.  Another author I like is Linda Lael Miller. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Recommendations Please.

[ Edited ]

@suanne 

@suanne wrote:

I'm looking for "clean" fiction. I don't like violence, offensive language or gratuitous sex. Thanks for your suggestions!

Cute series, The Little old lady who broke all the rules, Amazon will let you read samples, five chapters.  There are two other books about these oldstereirs who go on a crime spree, because they are tried of living in the retirement home since their were a lot of cut backs.  Very funny.

I went on Hoopla after reading samples and got it free through my library. Their adventures are hilarious.  I forgot the author, but you can find it by the title.  It will make you laugh.  If you are past 60, you will like it a lot. although my sister is 51 and so are her friends, and love it.

Respected Contributor

Louise Penny's Three Pines series.  Starts with Still Life.

Honored Contributor

This is an old thread, but don't forget Terri Blackstock. If I Run was terrific. Then two sequels. Smorgasbord!

Honored Contributor

Re: Recommendations Please.

[ Edited ]

The Weight of Ink by Rachel Kadish

The Thousand Doors of January by Alix Harrow

The Candle Maker by James Orr