Super Contributor

I'm in my seventies now but can still remember reading "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, the first of the Narnia Chronicles, by C.S. Lewis when I was in elementary school.  I have reread this book many, many times, still love every page of it, and still cry when Aslan sacrifices himself to save Edmund from the White Witch.

Honored Contributor

@gardenman  It's rarely shown on TV but, have you ever seen the original version of The Day of the Jackal starring Edward Fox?   Darn good movie.  It's based on Frederick Forsyth's book.

I loved the movie so much I purchased the DVD.  I also purchased the book but lost it (probably stolen) while on vacation before I even had a chance to read it. icon_exclaim.gif

Just added it to my list of books to check w/my local Barns & Nobles to see if they can order it.

It's rare that I love a movie so much I go buy the book the story is based on as the book story lines are so much better.  Usually, if I've read the book, I don't bother seeing the movie.

The Bruce Willis movie remake was a piece of 💩

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

I don't normally re read books, I moreso will watch a movie a second time.

I did read a couple of the Killing series by Bill O'Reilly more than once.  Those are like history books and are quite compelling, IMO.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@gardenman  It's rarely shown on TV but, have you ever seen the original version of The Day of the Jackal starring Edward Fox?   Darn good movie.  It's based on Frederick Forsyth's book.

I loved the movie so much I purchased the DVD.  I also purchased the book but lost it (probably stolen) while on vacation before I even had a chance to read it. icon_exclaim.gif

Just added it to my list of books to check w/my local Barns & Nobles to see if they can order it.

It's rare that I love a movie so much I go buy the book the story is based on as the book story lines are so much better.  Usually, if I've read the book, I don't bother seeing the movie.

The Bruce Willis movie remake was a piece of 💩

Yeah, it's a very good movie. I think the book is the best thriller I've ever read. I just bought it for my Kindle after talking about it. (I hate paying $9.99 for an older book, but it's worth it.) I didn't even know Bruce Willis had remade it. To me, that's the gold standard for a thriller. Lots of twists and turns and you're following along on both sides, the police and the killer's side as the story progresses. I've read most of his books, but this one is his best in my opinion. I may pick up the DVD at some point. I'll poke around a bit first and see if it's streaming anywhere.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

I have read the secret garden,and the onion field two times or more. But,I can't count the number of times I have read East of Eden. It is my all time favorite and never tire of it.

Honored Contributor

I picked up a book at the grocery store that was on the clearance shelf one afternoon.  The title was bland and the cover was bland, have no idea why I bought it.

Went home and started reading it later that day.  Didn't put it down until I finished it in the middle of the night.  As soon as I was done, I started at the beginning again.

The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks.

(I don't do fiction.)

Respected Contributor

I rarely reread a book, but I love Thomas Wolfe, and will read him again and then some. I especially love, "Look Homeward Angel".

I never tire of it. I have marked so many passages because they are poetry to me.

He left us too young.

Honored Contributor

I have re-read many books. Too many to mention here, but one I will mention was my most favorite book which is Sidney Sheldon's The Other Side of Midnight!

I re-read that one every other year or so, just because I love it that much! My late sister and I loved this book, andboth of us re-read it many times!

I also will re-watch movies that I really love.... 

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

my most favorite book which is Sidney Sheldon's The Other Side of Midnight!

@CANDLEQUEEN  That was the 1st book I've ever read by Sidney Sheldon.  I started it near the end of my pregnancy & finished it during breast feedings in the middle of the night. Smiley Tongue

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I reread every holiday season for decades now the Mitford Series and Cape Light series.  Starting at Halloween since both have double digit book numbers.

Just yesterday I checked out the first two books of a series by Karen White.  I just finished this week number 7 and her final book of the series so I wanted to go back to the beginning.  Rereading a book you love is like sitting down with a dear friend to catch up.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."