Respected Contributor

@Trailrun23 wrote:

As the coronation of his father approaches, I hope Harry, Meghan, and their children will attend to show their support. Must they be formally invited in order to attend? I don't know how this works, but I thought I read something a few weeks ago saying the date of the coronation conflicts with Archie's birthday, so they won't be attending. That is a lame excuse imho. I say take Archie and celebrate his birthday by attending the coronation of his grandpa, the King of England; how many other kids get to do such a thing? I hope they don't bail on the king...this would be a good time to swallow their pride and show some maturity. I oray this family can reconcile and live with harmony. The ball is in Harry's court.

@Trailrun23 Don't believe everything that you read.  It's a jump ball right now, not in anyone's court.

Harry and Meghan need an invitation to attend.  If they are invited, it's anyone's guess if they will attend.  I, as you do, hope that they will all take advantage of the opportunity to reconcile.

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@Trailrun23 wrote:

As the coronation of his father approaches, I hope Harry, Meghan, and their children will attend to show their support. Must they be formally invited in order to attend? I don't know how this works, but I thought I read something a few weeks ago saying the date of the coronation conflicts with Archie's birthday, so they won't be attending. That is a lame excuse imho. I say take Archie and celebrate his birthday by attending the coronation of his grandpa, the King of England; how many other kids get to do such a thing? I hope they don't bail on the king...this would be a good time to swallow their pride and show some maturity. I oray this family can reconcile and live with harmony. The ball is in Harry's court.

@Trailrun23 Don't believe everything that you read.  It's a jump ball right now, not in anyone's court.

Harry and Meghan need an invitation to attend.  If they are invited, it's anyone's guess if they will attend.  I, as you do, hope that they will all take advantage of the opportunity to reconcile.

I think they will be there. King Charles wants his son, his daughter-in-law, and all of his grandchildren there. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the King has a small private birthday party for his grandson.

However I DON'T think we will see the Sussexes waving from the palace balcony! Smiley Wink 

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom I hope you're right.  It would definitely be a positive step for the family going forward.

Honored Contributor

@lgfan wrote:

SInce some people say that all Harry and Meghan threads become negative I am starting this positive thread.

Everyone who responds must say something nice about the lovely couple.  I will go first.  Harry and Meghan make beautiful children.

@lgfan  We MUST do what you say???  Okie Dokie!  I guess that's positive.

The positive thing is that the "haters" have gotten the message from all of those who are blameless.

Respected Contributor

@Sooner 

"@lgfan wrote:

SInce some people say that all Harry and Meghan threads become negative I am starting this positive thread.

Everyone who responds must say something nice about the lovely couple.  I will go first.  Harry and Meghan make beautiful children.

@lgfan  We MUST do what you say???  Okie Dokie!  I guess that's positive.

The positive thing is that the "haters" have gotten the message from all of those who are blameless."

The point of the thread was for people to post something positive about this lovely couple.  I didn't tell anyone they must do anything I say.  I just thought that since the H and M fans call people "haters" who do not agree with them why not have a positive thread.  No one has to do anything they don't want to on these threads.

Valued Contributor

I just finished the book and I enjoyed it very much.  I liked the writing (they had a ghost writer) and I believe that it was truthful.  I really like Harry.  I think most families are a little disfuntional and theirs is magnified. I wish them well.

Respected Contributor

Now that his book is out, it will be interesting to see how it is received by those who are mentioned in it. So far, the Hollywood circle they counted as friends are not fans of being quoted or mentioned in the book, and the rf seems to be keeping the ol' stiff upper lip. If they require a formal invitation to attend the coronation, I have no doubt they will receive one; the initial response when the date of the coronation was mentioned was that they wouldn't attend; hopefully that will change when they see the invitation. I have to wonder if they could have reconciled much sooner if it weren't for the media literally watching every move they make and every word they say. It can't be easy living that way, no matter how much they smile.

Honored Contributor

Great news: Spare is still #1 on The New York Times best seller's list (non-fiction) at 6 weeks in a row! Woman Happy

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Regular Contributor
@JaneMarple i guess reports of their demise were premature? If living well is the best revenge, the Duke and Duchess are getting theirs now!
Long may they reign 😄🤪
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Positive thread

[ Edited ]

I wouldn’t get the champagne out yet.