Respected Contributor

Has anyone's library reopened yet?  Ours hasn't and we haven't had any word on when to expect them to reopen.  If yours is open, what types of changes have taken place?  TIA.

Honored Contributor

@Travone  What state are you in?

N.J.  NOPE!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Mine has opened up, I think it was yesterday. I don't know what changes have taken place. I am not sure if I feel comfortable going back or not and I use to go on a regular basis. Mine is usually pretty full of people on the computers.

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac   I'm in Ohio.

Honored Contributor

Not ours, but not much can until the 28th, and then we'll see.  Bummer.

Honored Contributor

Not ours at all.  I personally won't check to around mid June or beginning of July to be honest.

Which is crazy.  Opening for the summer, to be shut down by late Septemember....

What will happen to elementary & high schools?  Do they repeat?   Will they start in June and end in October?

Honored Contributor

I have not heard yet, but I'm sure I will know immediately as I will lose my at-home access to the library version of Ancestry.

Respected Contributor

Ours is curbside.

Valued Contributor

Ours re-opened with 2 sites opening last Friday at 25% capacity and the rest of the sites opening this Friday.  We can (at all sites) order books via the internet and then when they come in, drive to any of the sites where you ordered your holds and call them from the car.  They will connect you with your branch.  You give them your card # and your address and what you need to pick up.  They put them on your card, then bring the books to a table outside the library.  After they go back inside you pick them up from the table and take them home.  To return books you put in outside drop box and they stay on your card for 3 days and then they are checked in and removed from your card.

Honored Contributor

It's open, but our Governor's plan only allows for curbside pick up. Drop offs have specific hours which I don't understand. Maybe they are afraid of overflowing the bins.