Respected Contributor

I have read a few Kristin Hannah books lately, I enjoy her books but gosh they are all so sad.  I read The Women and Four Winds, both are very good and kept my interest but were very sad. 

Trusted Contributor

I love Kristen Hannah! Yes, most of her books are sad, but when you consider the topics she takes on,you have to expect that. My favorite book of hers is "The Nightingale". I haven't re-read a book in 40 years, but I read that one twice. And I may read it again!

It's about two sisters in France during WW2 who work for the French Resistance. I highly recommend it.❤

Respected Contributor

@NEvans2 wrote:

I love Kristen Hannah! Yes, most of her books are sad, but when you consider the topics she takes on,you have to expect that. My favorite book of hers is "The Nightingale". I haven't re-read a book in 40 years, but I read that one twice. And I may read it again!

It's about two sisters in France during WW2 who work for the French Resistance. I highly recommend it.❤

I just checked out Nightingale today!  I always listen to audiobooks while I am doing things around the house I listen.  I will start it soon, just finishing up another book.

Honored Contributor

I read The Nightingale which was excellent.  I think I read The Four Winds but if I did it didn't make a big impression on me.  I just "googled" her and she has written a LOT of books!

Honored Contributor

I have a list of all her books and have now read every one of them.  I just love her books!  One of my favorites is "The Women".  I thought that was one of her best books, even though I've enjoyed all of them.

Honored Contributor

Re: Kristin Hannah books

[ Edited ]

I think her better novels tend to be very serious which are also sad.

My favorite of hers was "The Nightingale".  I also just read "The Women" last month which was very good. 

Her books "The Four Winds" and "The Great Alone" were also excellent stories.

Honored Contributor

At this stage in my life I find that I much more enjoy her types of books rather than "thriller" or "suspense" novels.  

Honored Contributor

I just finished Four Winds. It held my interest from beginning to end, and I couldn't put it down. I agree, the ending was very sad, and I kept hoping for a miracle.  Next on my list to read is The Women..

~H~
Respected Contributor

I agree her books are sad but a great read.  I especially liked "The Great Alone".. I just got "The Women" but have not started it yet.

Valued Contributor

She does tackle difficult subjects.  I enjoyed Nightingale and Great Alone, but couldn't get into Four Winds