Esteemed Contributor

Just a Gentle Reminder...

[ Edited ]

Hi my reading friends, just a gentle reminder that there is to be no discussion of politics on this board. The last thing we need is to be reprimanded (or worse) by the moderators.

Please, let's just keep it nice and drama-free. Thank you to all the members here for posting such informative and enjoyable posts about your books. I've gotten some excellent recommendations from some of our readers. Let's keep it up!

Sunny

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Re: Just a Gentle Reminder...

Thank you for the reminder.  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@sunala wrote:

Hi my reading friends, just a gentle reminder that there is to be no discussion of politics on this board. The last thing we need is to be reprimanded (or worse) by the moderators.

Please, let's just keep it nice and drama-free. Thank you to all the members here for posting such informative and enjoyable posts about your books. I've gotten some excellent recommendations from some of our readers. Let's keep it up!

Sunny

Does that include me, Sunny?

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@sunala wrote:

Sunny

Does that include me, Sunny?

@Judaline- it includes everybody, including myself.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for the reminder. I let a bit of snark come out of me the other day, and I should not have.

One of the reasons why i love our forum is that we just discuss books that we love or some not so much.

No drama.  :-)

Esteemed Contributor

@sunala  Thank you for posting this reminder. Didn't dream it would come to having to post a reminder, but appreciate your stepping up and commenting. Doubt the moderators would have become involved. 

An apology would have stopped the problem immediately. The person has acknowledged their unkind behavior. It's over and forgotten.     

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I use the What Are You Reading thread to get book ideas and reviews. Sometimes people are outspoken about their controversial thoughts. The one offender who presented herself as a genius appears to have left. Maybe she joined a JEOPARDY thread! I'm sure many book thread posters are far more intelligent than me, but they strike me as nice people who kindly answer my questions.