Esteemed Contributor

James Patterson The First Lady

The First Lady. My first JP book. Pretty good.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

Re: James Patterson The First Lady

I haven’t read one of his novels in a long time, for many reasons, but this one sounds good, @Nancy Drew 👌 

i just put put a request into the library.

Respected Contributor

James Patterson sells more books than any other author.  Period.  I have lost count of how many million.  You need to know though that he does not really write his own books,. He outlines his idea for a story then hands if off to another author to write it.  I do give him credit for promoting reading with kids.  He and his wife are active in organizations  that support kids.

Trusted Contributor

I read this book and thought it was "pretty good" as well.  I actually liked it better than last year's "The President Is Missing."  Still, I would say that it is a book to borrow from the library, rather than purchase.

Esteemed Contributor

@dawg lover wrote:

I read this book and thought it was "pretty good" as well.  I actually liked it better than last year's "The President Is Missing."  Still, I would say that it is a book to borrow from the library, rather than purchase.

@dawg lover 

I really enjoyed "The President is Missing" so I look forward to reading "The First Lady".

Esteemed Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

The First Lady. My first JP book. Pretty good.

@Nancy Drew 

He is one of my favorite authors. Since he is such a prolific writer some books or series are better than others. I particularly like his NYPD Red series, The Woman's murder club, and his Michael Bennett books. 

I read the President is missing last year and I really enjoyed it.

Valued Contributor

I'm a huge fan of the Alex Cross and Women's Murder Club series. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@maximillian wrote:

James Patterson sells more books than any other author.  Period.  I have lost count of how many million.  You need to know though that he does not really write his own books,. He outlines his idea for a story then hands if off to another author to write it.  I do give him credit for promoting reading with kids.  He and his wife are active in organizations  that support kids.

@maximillian 

Actually, he doesn't write ALL his books.   He co-authors about 60 percent of them now.  He's quite busy with many charities and writes in many genres, so please don't make him sound lazy.  What he does is very commendable.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

I did not intend to make him sound lazy.  If anything, he is smart.  I did give him kudos for the work he and his wife, Susan, do to promote reading with kids.