Trusted Contributor

How about something by Harlen Coban-my husband likes him a lot. Also if he happens to be a golfer my husband enjoyed the most recent biography of Tiger Woods. I like your choices too-especially the Stephen King.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Honored Contributor

Re: Help me pick...

[ Edited ]

@Lilysmom Anything by David McCullough. The Boys in the Boat.  If he is interested in sports, things on teams he follows or their former players.

Books by Jon Krakauer--a number of topics might interest.

Look at Amazon in the category Books, then there is a row of icons and look under Biographies and Memoirs, then in particular the categories Travelers and Explorers and Sports and Outdoors.  LOTS of books there I'd recommend! 

Respected Contributor

Good choices ... a great variety .....a Harlen Coban ...a Stephen King ..

the biography of  Tiger Woods ... also I did love " A Gentleman in

Moscow .....

Respected Contributor

What a great gift idea ....

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Help me pick...

[ Edited ]

@Big Joanie @Sooner @abbalulu @jlkz @Sweetbay magnolia  Thank you so much for the recommendations.  I picked Stephen King, Michael Connelly and a book about Tiger Williams. 

I got smart and ordered from a Canadian Bookstore that is in his city and mine.  That way, he can exchange if he doesn’t like.

@Sweetbay magnolia , two hearts to you for remembering I/we are Canadian!  LM

Contributor

Try Iron Lake by Kreuger or anything by James Lee Burke.

Esteemed Contributor

@paulazaj , I LOVE James Lee Burke.  I have read every book he wrote.  I will put that on my list for next time.  LM

Honored Contributor

Louise Penny is my pick

Esteemed Contributor

@GenXmuse , Louise Penny is one of my favorites.  I wondered if a man would like it?  I think so.  I added Still Life.  Maybe he will like it enough to read the series.  Thanks for the rec!  LM

Regular Contributor

Killers of the Flower Moon:  The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI by David Grann (nonfiction)

A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles (fiction)