Esteemed Contributor

Hello, MAY!

If you've read any good books lately, please share them with the group so we can enjoy them too. Not so good? We want to hear about those, too.

Happy Reading to ALL!!!

SUNNY

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

Re: HAPPY MAY TO OUR READERS!

[ Edited ]

I just got done reading "Never a Doubt."  It was written by one of my former classmates and one of my dh's former classmates & it's about our boy's 1965 basketball team winning the state championship.  26-0.  My DH graduated in 1965 & I was a year behind him.  Most of the guys had played basketball together since they were in the 3rd grade.  There were a lot of pictures of our hometown square back in the 50's or before.  I was born and have lived my entire life in my hometown.  Nobody else would care about it, but we both  and enjoyed it.

edited to get rid of a letter that got there by mistake.  The phone was ringing & I hit send before proofreading it.

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished The Shrimp Did It (Southern Beach Mysteries Book 3) by Kay Dew Shostak.  Once again, Jewel and her friends in Sophia Island, Florida, are on the case, this time with the murder of a board member of the annual Shrimp Festival.  While most things are the same for Jewel with her marriage disintegrating, her home sweltering without a/c, and the weekly ladies lunch, Jewel finds that a well-known author from the area moves into her home for writing inspiration, and Jewel and a certain police officer seem to have a more than cordial relationship.  Another cute book and an easy read.  Waiting for book 4 to be released.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

I just finished Left for Dead ( Ali Reynolds, #7) by J.A. Jance.  

I enjoy this author and this installment. I read a lot of series books and I have to commend this author for always keeping each story fresh and enjoyable to read.  

I will rate the book 4/5 on Goodreads. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm almost finished with A Promised Land by President Obama. It's quite a tome at 700 pages but worth the time. The complexity of the Presidency is so interesting.  I love the family insights.  If you're an Obama fan you'll love it.  If you aren't you still might like it for the behind the scenes stories.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

@MoJoV 

I will add to my TBR list.

Contributor

i just finished SOOLEY by JOHN GRISHAM. .good book about a young man from sudan who gets to america on dcholarship. it is about lawyers but different . i give it  5 STARS

Esteemed Contributor

Last night I read New York Homocide:  A Charlie Crawford Mystery Prequel Novella by Tom Turner.  This is an introduction to the Charlie Crawford Palm Beach Mysteries.  For anyone who is reading the series  or those who plan to, you can skip this novella.  Very little is new and the novella is definitely not worth $2.99.  Thankfully, it is free on KU.  No one needs to read this for the series background.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

I'm reading Back to Before by Blair Bryan.  She's a new author to me. 

So far, I am very much enjoying the book, despite the serious nature of the book. It deals with a teen drug abuse. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Super Contributor

Currently reading A Luck Man by Jamel Brinkley.  This is a short story collection.  I like it but it's taking me forever to read.  I guess I'm just not in the mood for "literary fiction".

Also, The Bad Muslim Discount by Syed M Masood.  This is just what I need.  It is funny though the point of view of Safwa is sad.  It won't win any prizes but it's fun so far.