Esteemed Contributor

Re: HAPPY MAY TO OUR READERS!

@CareBears wrote:

I just finished The Last Flight by Julie Clark, this is the 2nd time I have read this book, very good, it just goes to prove that on the outside you can be what people want to see, but behind closed doors the monster and their true identity emerges!

@CareBears 

I just finished this book a few weeks back. I had very similar feelings, and the book also made me extremely sad as well, especially for Eva.

This has been the best thriller that I have read this year. 

Respected Contributor

Finished I Thought They Said It Would Work by Ann Wertz Garvin.  A wonderful book.  It was light-hearted but w/a little sadness thrown in but not too much.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you everyone for your contributions in May! And in a few hours, it will be June. Can you believe it? 

THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED.

I'll see you in a few hours. I hope you've read some wonderful books, with many to look forward to.

Happy reading everyone!!! 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Super Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

MURDER IN THE MANOR (A LACEY DOYLE COZY MYSTERY - BOOK 1) by Fiona Grace.  Lacey Doyle, newly divorced at 39, walks away from her fast-paced job in NYC and books a spur-of-the-moment trip to England.  She has been to this village when she was a small child.  Lacey finds a place to live for what she thinks will be a few weeks, only to decide that she will open an antiques shop and live there permanently.  One of her first clients is a wealthy woman who wants Lacey to price her home full of antiques.  When Lacey gets to the woman's home, the woman is dead, and Lacey is considered the main suspect.

An easy read and a very good first book of a series.

Just downloaded this, thanks!  I have never read a "cozy mystery" before someone posted about Paws and Pastries, it was a quick, fun read.  Going to give this a read.