Occasional Contributor

Yes, I have read about 5 of her books, all from my library. Her writing is witty, yet she engages the reader with real emotion. All of her books revolve around NYC and the islands off the coast of South Carolina. She makes you feel like you are there. I like Southern writers,, still trying to figure out why.

Just hope she keeps writing.

Regular Contributor

Re: Dorothea Benton Frank

[ Edited ]

I particularly enjoyed Isle of Palms and Queen Bee.

Honored Contributor

@fit model wrote:

Yes, I have read about 5 of her books, all from my library. Her writing is witty, yet she engages the reader with real emotion. All of her books revolve around NYC and the islands off the coast of South Carolina. She makes you feel like you are there. I like Southern writers,, still trying to figure out why.

Just hope she keeps writing.

@fit model , I love Southern writers too, and I'm a yankee through and through. I think it's because they can reall spin a tale, and love to include eccentric characters.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Frequent Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Plantations was her first and one of the best.

Beach Music by Pat Conroy is also VERY good.

Mindless mysteries centered around Charleston: Laura Childs Tea Shop mysteries.  

@Sooner   Beach Music is my favorite book of all. I have tried to get my friends to read it but they never do. Don't know what they are missing.  I also loved all of Dorothea Benton Frank's book. So sad when I heard she passed.