Trusted Contributor

@SWEET 

I've been entering for books since I read your post about it months ago. I must admit I'm selective in which ones I enter. If I don't think I'll read it then I don't enter. But I won my first book! (I never win anything). I gotta say at this awful, scary time in the world this has really cheered me up! 

I won "Don't Turn Back" by D.S. Butler. Now I just gotta follow the kindle instructions & get my book. Thanks for telling me about the giveaways!

Respected Contributor

Re: Goodreads- I finally won!

@Tribesters   I'm just replying because of your name.  I too am a tribe fan.  Today should have been our home opener.  I am celebrating the tribe anyway.  I am in my Indians gear and plan on watching the 1994 season opener today.  Hopefully we can enjoy the real season soon. 

Trusted Contributor

@Travone 

Glad to hear from a fellow Tribefan! I seldom miss watching or listening to a game. I even threw out the 1st pitch a few years ago. Since then both my sons & my nephew have done it also. We've been going to games for about 25 years- even though we live in NY. Hopefully the season will just get a late start & not be cancelled. Hang in there until we can say "play ball!" And "Go Tribe!"

Respected Contributor

@Tribesters wrote:

@SWEET 

I've been entering for books since I read your post about it months ago. I must admit I'm selective in which ones I enter. If I don't think I'll read it then I don't enter. But I won my first book! (I never win anything). I gotta say at this awful, scary time in the world this has really cheered me up! 

I won "Don't Turn Back" by D.S. Butler. Now I just gotta follow the kindle instructions & get my book. Thanks for telling me about the giveaways!

@Tribesters

Congrats on your win.  I only enter the ones that are on my tbr list or the ones that look interesting.  I try to do Kindle ones too but only in the ones that I really want since I read print more.

Glad you're on the GR "bandwagon." 

Trusted Contributor

@Tribesters, congratulations from another "newbie" Goodreads winner!!!! Enjoy your book!!!😃📚
Trusted Contributor

I love Goodreads and always submit my name for the free book drawing.  I'm happy you won.  At least it's a real thing!Woman LOL

Are you a member of Book Browse?  Another great site.

Respected Contributor

@roeroe1005 wrote:

I love Goodreads and always submit my name for the free book drawing.  I'm happy you won.  At least it's a real thing!Woman LOL

Are you a member of Book Browse?  Another great site.

@roeroe1005 

I do go to Book Browse too but not a member.

Honored Contributor

Congratulations!  I only did once but it was soooooooo fun!  And i LOVED the book.

@hooked on books  want you to hear this too:

FYI most of you may know Amazon has ceased a lot of business-as-usual to devote resources and efforts to help meet the needs of medical personnel and  first responders. help deal with all the issues at their warehouses from spread and infected associates and also trying to get us all what we need but that's second, the most they're devoting to us is getting rid of the price gougers.

There is NO customer service available now, only bot.  And I love that.  no third party selling of earrings or clothes or whatever and no new third party sign-ups now and I've heard people complain.  Ugh.

So another part of that, some of you know I'm an Amazon Vine reviewer and the review program has not been a focus either which is a-okay with me though some heartless people are complaining there's little to no Stuff, it's dwindling, it's from contracts that were already signed. (Me, I can't even review what I have here, it seems so stupidly beside the point.)

So this means there should be MORE books funneled ot GR by publishers who would normally pay Amazon to have Vine reviews of them.  It costs a lot.  GR doesn't.

So keep entering.  More freebies than ever!  And not bloody likely to slow down anytime soon.

WIN!  win win win!  👍

Trusted Contributor

@LoriLori, thanks for the info!! Here's hoping we all win books! It is a definite smile-bringer!!!!😃😃
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hooked on books wrote:
@LoriLori, thanks for the info!! Here's hoping we all win books! It is a definite smile-bringer!!!!😃😃

@hooked on books   @Tribesters 

I had six emails alerting me to GR giveaways on my "to be read" list today (you know about that, right?  mark a book to be read that you want to read and if you've signed up for notifications will will notify you when there's a giveaway, so lovely).

Never had more than maybe two a week and don't enter most because no more room.  But I did sign up for one (I'll never win).

I predicted this and it will only increase.  So make a TBR list if you haven't and check the listings (one was Daisy Jones and the Six, one was -- I forget but all quality books.

The publishing houses are almost all in NYC and one big one in Boston.  They are not at work.  It is a mini-crisis in publishing that we will see the fallout from later in the year into next year.

The bound manuscript I have of the next Backman book?  ARCs were supposed to have gone out two weeks ago.  Never did. She's not at work!  Some people are dead, sigh.

So work those GR giveaways ladies and anyone not signed up there reading this, every e-book laying around netgalley, etc. because not much new, some of them are former bestsellers and every book that Amazon can make happen that their reviewers will not be offered and no contracts are being signed no so this will only increase --

-- make a list of what you want, take some time to stroll the giveaways, you can choose between print and e-book, way to spend time --

and GO OUT AND WIN, TEAM!!!  📚📚📚