Esteemed Contributor

Re: Beware of graphic and bad language

@dawg lover wrote:

I've read every one of these books, and it really is a great series.  Generally speaking, her books are usually not gory or graphic in my opinion, although they certainly have a harder edge to them than a cozy mystery.  I would put them in the thriller catagory, rather than cozies.  I enjoy them and have learned a lot about the Amish community from them.

@dawg lover

I am reading her first book now and on the Cover of the book it actually lists it as "A Thriller"

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just put the first book, Sworn To Silence, on waitlist.  I had heard of this series but never got around to reading any of the books. 

If @dawg lover  recommends them, they must be good!

@icezeus  glad to hear you're enjoying the first one.

Esteemed Contributor

@smoky22 wrote:

I just put the first book, Sworn To Silence, on waitlist.  I had heard of this series but never got around to reading any of the books. 

If @dawg lover  recommends them, they must be good!

@icezeus  glad to hear you're enjoying the first one.

@smoky22

The only thing that is ruining the book for me now, was that I just realized that this was made into a movie. Perhaps Lifetime I am not sure, but I have seen this on television. I know who the murderer is. I am still going to read it, I am enjoying her writing and movies can't give  you all of the details of a book. I look forward to reading the others in the series. 

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@on the bay.........If I had replied I woud have been banned.  I would not have any restraint.  I had about 10 things I wanted to reply to her so I just didnt.  Glad you did tho and sorry your post was poofed.

---------

Sorry I missed it. Poster must have been graphic or overly opinionated!