Honored Contributor

Re: ANY SANDRA BROWN FANS?

[ Edited ]

@Helen852  @Group 5 minus 1  @beckyb1012  @CANDLEQUEEN   @kelsey17

Well, your comments have been very interesting!  I enjoy reading several of their books when I find a good author, so I've checked a couple things out.

BTW .....  I am really enjoying STING .....   can't miss a day without reading at least a couple chapters, so the question is ... what do I read next?

First, Sandra Brown has written 68 books since 1981, and has actually written 5 series.   I hope the link below from FictFact shows the series.  

I then went to SB's website, and see that the types of novels she writes fall into 3 categories:   Suspense & Thrillers,  Historicals, and Classic Romance.  Three of her novels have also been made into television movies!

So .....  I'm looking on Ebay to get a handful of her paperbacks.   (I hate reading hardcover books).  

Here are the links I referenced:

https://www.fictfact.com/author/347/brown-sandra

http://sandrabrown.net/

Honored Contributor

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

I have read a lot of her books and enjoyed them.  Like some authors, some books are better than others.  Ricochet, Mirror Image, Chill Factor, The Alibi, Low Pressure, Friction are a few of the ones I have read.  I see she has a new one coming out this week "Seeing Red."  I haven't read any of her books for some time because i got tired of the graphic and explicit descriptions of "romantic" situations and not enough mystery.  I would have to say Chill Factor and The Alibi were my favorites.

@KentuckyWoman

I've got about 75 pages left on The Alibi and I am really enjoying this book!    

I think I know "who done it" but, based on the previous SB book I just read, I'm sure I'll be wrong!  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Helen852 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44   

Sandra Brown is my favorite author. I think I've read most of her books. She has some strictly romance novels that are pretty good too and are quick reads.  Every year she comes out with a new novel. All of her novels are stand alone.  Here's two of my favorites Crush and White Hot.  You won't go wrong with any of them.  

@Helen852

I just have to THANK YOU for your comments!

After STING, I have since read THE ALIBI and CHARADE.   I am now reading FAT TUESDAY and have EXCLUSIVE and WHITE HOT waiting.  I also ordered a few more on Ebay for when I've gone through those.  lol

Sandra really is a very good writer, and I love the twists and turns ....  things I didn't see coming.   I'm a real "who done it" lover and always try to figure out who the villian is .....  and once, I actually figured it out!   Not sure if it was my sharp analytical skills .... or it was just a fluke!   LOL

Trusted Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

I read some of her earlier mystery books....sprinkled in usually was a "little" romance.....but as time went by to me it got less about the mysteries and more of the book was a romantic story with a mystery added it...................i love mysteries....but didn't care for the romance storylines all the time....so stopped reading her..............she did have some good stories though..

Same here^^^ I may pick up one of her books again just for fun. 

Honored Contributor

@Vamp wrote:

@kelsey17 wrote:

I read some of her earlier mystery books....sprinkled in usually was a "little" romance.....but as time went by to me it got less about the mysteries and more of the book was a romantic story with a mystery added it...................i love mysteries....but didn't care for the romance storylines all the time....so stopped reading her..............she did have some good stories though..

Same here^^^ I may pick up one of her books again just for fun. 

@Vamp   @kelsey17

I mentioned this in post #11, but if you haven't already done so, check out her website .... her books are listed in categories .....  Suspense & Thrillers ....... Historicals .....  and Classic Romance.    It'll help you sort out which are your personal preferences.   

Honored Contributor

Re: ANY SANDRA BROWN FANS?

[ Edited ]

@Helen852 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44   

Sandra Brown is my favorite author. I think I've read most of her books. She has some strictly romance novels that are pretty good too and are quick reads.  Every year she comes out with a new novel. All of her novels are stand alone.  Here's two of my favorites Crush and White Hot.  You won't go wrong with any of them.  

@Helen852

I just finished White Hot the other day ..... and love SB's twists and turns.   I'm now reading Mirror Image, which has a very interesting premise.  I think this is my 6th book by this author.

So far, I think my favorite is Exclusive, although every one of them has been good.   I am reading just from the Suspense & Thrillers list.    Not sure if I want to read romances written by her, but we shall see.