Honored Contributor

Re: ANY INTERESTING ROMANCES?

@Malcontent wrote:

@QVCkitty1 

What do you think of the “True Gentlemen Series”?

@Malcontent , I like it, however my favorite of hers is The Wyndham Series that begins with " The Heir ."

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Malcontent 

173836.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1 

Thank You so much. I will look into it. I’m going for romance now.

(I may look at my husband in a whole new way)

The chances of that happening at my age are zero.

Regular Contributor

Jan Moran's Seabreeze Inn series.

Frequent Contributor

I recently picked up a book at my local library by Susan Elizabeth Phillips, can't remember the name, but I enjoyed it so much I went back and got another one of hers.  This one is "Breathing Room"  and I am enjoying it even more.  I would give this one a 5 star rating for romance books.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Go ahead and scoff.  The romance genre has been, and continues to be, the #1 best selling genre in book sales.  It's what keeps the publishing houses afloat.  Romance is no longer the bodice rippers of days gone by - well not all of it.  Smiley Happy  There are so many sub-genres within romance to choose from:  historical romance, paranormal romance (PNR), contemporary romance, new adult romance, romantic suspense, etc.  That's just a brief listing and within those catagories are more subcatagories.  For instance - Historical romance could be USA Western, Druid times, Victorian, Scottish, Viking - to name a few.  PNR could be werewolves, vampires, witches, demons, imps.....  One thing romance does have in common, they end with a HEA - happy ever after.  Most should, some are now leaning towards HFN - happy for now.  Ugh, I don't read those - DNF.

Also, some of the best known authors of romance are highly intelligent and well educated women.

A few of my favorite authors are:

Historical romance:  Jennifer Ashley, Lorraine Heath, Kerrigan Byrne, Lisa Kleypas

Romantic Suspense:  Rebecca Zanetti, Lisa Marie Rice

PNR:  J.R.Ward (Black Dagger Series), Gena Showalter, Kresley Cole

I could go on, but that's enough for now.  I do read much more than romance.  But life can be so overwhelming some days, I need an escape every now and again.

I'm on Goodread; give me holler!

Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Anyone read Bridges of Madison County lately?

@Tinkrbl44  No, not lately, but I loved this book when I read it years ago.  It really had a profound affect on me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LuvSoCal wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Anyone read Bridges of Madison County lately?

@Tinkrbl44  No, not lately, but I loved this book when I read it years ago.  It really had a profound affect on me.

@LuvSoCal 

Me, too .... I just ordered it.  I recall it having quite an effect on me, too.  

Honored Contributor

@SixTsChick wrote:

Go ahead and scoff.  The romance genre has been, and continues to be, the #1 best selling genre in book sales.  It's what keeps the publishing houses afloat.  Romance is no longer the bodice rippers of days gone by - well not all of it.  Smiley Happy  There are so many sub-genres within romance to choose from:  historical romance, paranormal romance (PNR), contemporary romance, new adult romance, romantic suspense, etc.  That's just a brief listing and within those catagories are more subcatagories.  For instance - Historical romance could be USA Western, Druid times, Victorian, Scottish, Viking - to name a few.  PNR could be werewolves, vampires, witches, demons, imps.....  One thing romance does have in common, they end with a HEA - happy ever after.  Most should, some are now leaning towards HFN - happy for now.  Ugh, I don't read those - DNF.

Also, some of the best known authors of romance are highly intelligent and well educated women.

A few of my favorite authors are:

Historical romance:  Jennifer Ashley, Lorraine Heath, Kerrigan Byrne, Lisa Kleypas

Romantic Suspense:  Rebecca Zanetti, Lisa Marie Rice

PNR:  J.R.Ward (Black Dagger Series), Gena Showalter, Kresley Cole

I could go on, but that's enough for now.  I do read much more than romance.  But life can be so overwhelming some days, I need an escape every now and again.

I'm on Goodread; give me holler!

@SixTsChick 

What an interesting list!   Thanks!

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

The late Jo Beverley wrote two series, equally good. One series set during the Georgian era about the Malloren family. The other series was set during the Regency about a group of gentlemen called The Company of Rogues from their school days. Her books have more involved plots and interesting characters and she was very interested in historical accuracy. Do read in order. Her passing in 2016 ago left a reading void.