Respected Contributor

Author Anne Rice dies aged 80: Writer who penned Interview With A Vampire passes away surrounded by her family

• Famed writer died due to complications from an earlier stroke she had suffered  
  • Son Christopher penned sorrowful statement confirming the sad news online 
  • He added: 'The immensity of our family's grief cannot be overstated' 

Author Anne Rice who wrote Interview with a Vampire died surrounded by her family last night. 

The New Orleans writer, born in Louisiana and famed for her works including The Vampire Chronicles, died due to complications from an earlier stroke she suffered.   

Her son Christopher penned a sorrowful statement confirming the news on her public Facebook page. 

Honored Contributor
Rest In Peace GIF - Rip Candle 安息 - Discover & Share GIFs Rest In Peace Quotes, Contentment Quotes, San Roman, Condolence Messages, Sympathy Quotes, Grieving Quotes, Deepest Sympathy, 1 Gif, The Power Of Love

Honored Contributor

anNE RICE HAS DIED

[ Edited ]

She has had many challenges as well as success...may she rest in peace.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh no! I loved her Vampire Chronicles and Witching Hour books. No one can invent another Lestat.  I didn't realize that she was 80. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

I enjoyed SO many of her books and always took them to the beach!

I saw Anne's movies as well!

Respected Contributor

I'm saddened to hear Anne has passed. I was a big fan of her early work. As she transitioned from the earlier themes in her writing, there were criticisms by many. They wanted the OG Anne back. She, however, wanted to divest herself of her past supernatural themes. This became an ongoing problem for her. 

I was on a forum with her several years back and she was the biggest pot-stirrer author I've ever encountered. She was a force to be reckoned with. You were either in her fan tribe, or you were toast. Even minor constructive criticisms were not well received. Bad reviews of her work made her livid. 

I mostly observed. It cracked me up, sometimes, but I respected her strength. After all, it is a sad puppy that doesn't wag its own tail. 

RIP, Anne, the battles are over. You'll be remembered by many for some unique work and word. And by some for your -- take no prisoners attitude, including me. She definitely did it her way. 

Honored Contributor

Somewhere around here in one of my bookcases is a signed copy of an Anne Rice book.  She was at Barnes & Noble on14th Street. I can't remember which book - it was a long time ago. I went to book signing after work - it was a good crowd!

I gave away a lot of my fiction - keeping only those that were signed and a few that were "special."  Two of my bookcases have double rows of books on the shelves - and it's too late in the day for me to start moving books around.

One of these days I should start cataloging my books!

Frequent Contributor

I'm imagining she's hooking up with Lestat.

Esteemed Contributor

Wow, sad to hear. i was fan of her earlier work.

May she rest in peace. 

Frequent Contributor

I highly recommend her book, The Feast of All Saints.  One of the best books I have ever read.  Not a vampire one.  It's about the free people of color who lived in New Orleans.  I    lend my copy to anyone and tell them to share it and pass it on if they want.  Then I buy another one and do the same thing.  So far  I have bought about ten copies, paperback. It's that good.