Foodies, this a simple, yet tasty recipe! This roasted chicken has all the ingredients for a delicious dinner.
Skillet Roasted Lemon Chicken
Tip: Bring your chicken to room temperature before preparation to ensure even cooking.
4–6 lb whole chicken
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1-1/2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped, plus 3 sprigs
1 sprig fresh rosemary
1 garlic bulb, cut in half crosswise
2 lemons, halved and divided
Salt and pepper, for seasoning
2 Tbsp oil
1 small onion, cut into 8 wedges
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels inside and out.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the butter, lemon pepper, and chopped thyme.
4. Rub the butter underneath the skin and all over the outside of the chicken. Place the thyme sprigs, rosemary sprig, garlic, and 2 lemon halves inside the cavity of the chicken. Tie the legs together with kitchen twine. Season the outside of the chicken with salt and pepper.
5. Heat the oil in a 12" cast-iron skillet over high heat. Add the chicken to the pan breast-side up. Scatter the onion wedges and remaining lemon halves around the chicken.
6. Place the skillet in the oven for 30–45 minutes, until the temperature in the thickest part of the thigh reads 165°F. Remove the chicken from the oven and let rest for 15 minutes.
7. Squeeze the roasted lemon halves over the chicken and serve.
QVC is not responsible for the availability, content, security, policies, or practices of the above referenced third-party linked sites nor liable for statements, claims, opinions, or representations contained therein. QVC's Privacy Statement does not apply to these third-party web sites.