Esteemed Contributor

I wash my brushes every time I use them.  Just pump a little facial cleanser in the palm of my hand and swish the brush in that and then rinse, rinse, rinse.  (if a cleanser gets the makeup off my face, it will get it out of my brushes)  No fancy cleaner or gadget required.

Just me, but I sure wouldn't use a Scrub Daddy to clean my makeup brushes.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

I use Dr Bronner’s unscented liquid castile soap to clean my makeup brushes. I also have a silicone pad to use on brushes like kabuki brushes which tend to hold on to product. I towel blot the brushes to remove excess water after rinsing the soap out and hang them brush head down to dry in a brush holder made for that. I use synthetic brushes so I don’t use super hot water.

Esteemed Contributor

Mild shampoo, rinse and let air dry. That's the best way.

Honored Contributor

Re: washing make up brushes

[ Edited ]

If used daily, I wash them weekly in baby shampoo & warm water either with contents in my palm or a glass. I rinse until clean, then hang upside down or lay on its side to air dry after squeezing with a towel the excess water out.

No Scrub Daddy on any brushes — too harsh IMO.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

I wash my makeup brushes with Purity and water. I stand them in a mug and let them air dry. Still have them for years. 

Respected Contributor

Sigma mat to wash brushes with Purity or beekman hand wash, Then i use their towers to hang my brushes with the brissels down so water doesn't get in the furrel and breakdown the glue keeping the brissels in the brush.  Sorry for misspellings.

Super Contributor

Clean my makeup brushes in baby shampoo or Purity... No sense in spending a whole lot of money on cleaning gadgits.... ...  Baby shampoo in the dollar store - works perfectly and not spending money on wasteful products.

Contributor

I am so grateful to all of you for your ideas.....thanks so much!

Honored Contributor

For quickie cleaning I've used a paper towel moistened with micellar water to clean my brushes...just swipe them across the paper towel several times. This works well for daily cleaning. But for deep cleaning I do a full wash with soap and water.

Valued Contributor

I have been using Benjabelle brush cleaner with a Real Techniques silicone cleansing pad.  This brush cleaner is gentle to my brushes yet gets them very clean and rinses out easily.  It was recommended by emilynoel on YouTube years ago and I've used it ever since.