Contributor

I watched part of the Scrub Daddy presentation with Shawn, and she showed her clean make up brushes that had apparently been cleaned with the scrub daddy, but I missed how they did it.  Does anyone know how to clean their brushes this way, and does it work?  Thanks!

Respected Contributor

OMG.....there is no way I would clean my expensive makeup brushes with a Scrub Daddy. This is way too harsh.

I use Purity to clean mine.

Respected Contributor

I would never wash my makeup brushes with Scrub Daddy.  I use Purity.  I just squeeze a little on each brush and swish it around in my wet palm.  I keep swishing around until it comes clean.  Please don't use the Scrub Daddy.

Esteemed Contributor

A scrub daddy?????

I use a drop of Dawn in warm water and soak for several minutes.  Rinse with warm water and squeeze out the extra water, then air dry.

Honored Contributor

I use baby shampoo, read that tip in a magazine many years ago

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

Not sure I would do this either, but what she did was brush the tips of the makeup brushes against the face of the scrub daddy, leaving a makeup mess on the SD.  The brush looked clean, but I thought it also looked a little messed up.  Perhaps if I could see it after it has dried I would feel better about it.

Trusted Contributor

Please don't use a scrub daddy and never soak brushes, any brushes.  It destroys and loosens the glue in the ferrule.  Also, try to dry them with the bristles lower than end of the handle if you can.

Honored Contributor

I use the cleaner made for that egg shaped sponge--I can never remember what the name of it is!!! Anyway it is the very best I have ever used. Cleans that sponge great and my brushes thoroughly and no residue left. 

Contributor

Thanks so much everyone.....one more question....some of the IT brushes are huge.....I've tried cleaning them but because they're so thick, I can't get all the soap out, no matter how many times I rinse.....I also us one of those brush cleaning pads with the different size nubs to help with washing and rinsing....any thoughts would be so appreciated.  Thanks!

Contributor

I think you mean the beauty blender.....I like their soap too.  Easy to use.