Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Naturesbeauty wrote:
Gosh give him time, he hasn’t been at HSN very long. His followers will so start purchasing from HSN and he will get more air time and better time slots. When he was first on Evine it took him time there too. HSN will start bringing more products to offer. Also, I’m sure Skinn will have a Today’s Special on HSN very soon.

Exactly.  Sheesh, he just launched there 6 weeks ago, for Pete's sake.  

Yes, but in those 6 weeks, he could have been on Evine twice and made a killing with hours and hours of airtime. 

Last night he was given a moment or 2 on HSN in the Beauty Report, Evine gave him 3 hour blocks at a time. Been years since HSN did that, used to do it with SCA and SSC. 

He was on the “Beauty Report” his regular shows with just Skinn products are on this weekend. 1 hour shows and several of them Saturday and Sunday. I can’t wait......👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
Honored Contributor

Dimitri was on Evine way too often. And there were way too many products all the time.

I suspect that one reason D went to HSN was that he would be on less frequently. More of his products will be gradually added to HSN. It would be very poor thinking on HSN’s part to dump all of them into their system on day one.

I’m not at all concerned about D and SKINN. This was and still is a very good move for both D and his line.

Honored Contributor

All the speculation when no one really knows anything behind the choices being made.  For all we know, it's possible that Dimitri wanted to scale back a little and prefers not having several hours of shows back to back.  I'm not worried about him.  I realize a lot of people are antsy for their favorite products.  I've been doing a lot of contemplating lately about my own skincare and some changes I want to make but have plenty of Skinn to last me in the meantime.  

Super Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

The man that sells this line,   i think he seems odd.

Dimitri James is a talented makeup artist and cosmetics manufacturer, with a successful business operation that is global.

I wish I were that'odd'.

Super Contributor

He has had a recent hair transplant and he was very forthcoming about that work.

Respected Contributor

He looks completely different than he did about 4 months ago. Hair transplant? Chin or cheek implants? Eye lift?

I don’t buy his stuff, too many products, I find very confusing and time consuming.  I keep skin care simple, a cleanser, gentle peel/ retinol, moisturizer, sunscreen. 

Valued Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@BeautyAddictt wrote:
I like Dmitri, but he's gone overboard with the plastic surgery and fillers. I actually think it hurts him in a way, because it's so obvious his youthful appearance isn't due to his skincare.

He does have some good products, but his HSN shows have been underwhelming thus far. He used to do huge kits on Evine and now everything is singles and duos. Prices are also higher, which negates the free shipping. With so much competition, I wonder how long he'll last.

Speculation is unfair and unkind.  Where's your proof that he's had anything done?  With his scheduled, when would he be able to have the required down time?

He's OBVIOUSLY had a LOT of work done. Probably LOTS of Botox and fillers.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I was not going to comment here but I felt that I needed to to.

Dimitri James is a great skin care innovator. His products are effective and actually really work. So many rely on his products and buy amny times over. I think thousands would atest to his ability.

I do NOT understand the negativity about him. People should not be judged by appearance. NOT one of us would appreciate that for ourselves so why inflict that on others. There can be judgment about his products based on actual usage of the products but I never understand the personal attacks. Have we come down to that. If he was your relative, you would not do this. None of us know him personally so who are we to judage what he does with his personal appearance. If you don't like his quirkiness....DO NOT WATCH. In face you do not need to attack. I feel that if we are judging the beauty products, freedom of speech is great, To attck him personally should be off limits. 

This happens on all the blogs with certain vendors.  Let us all work together to respect one another.  Our views about the products are welcomed so we all can benefit from the info but please stop the negativity about the vendors. It is disturbing

Respected Contributor

I used to watch Dimitri often on Evine. I enjoyed his stories, chit chat, humor and easy going manner,stories while working with the models. He seemed to connect with some of the models like Kat, and actually demonstrated using his products showing how and what order to apply.

He did seem tired sometimes and appeared to have to put an effort into presenting. I do not find that connection a couple of times I saw him on HSN.It was all just more formal and a short on and off. I doubt his sister will be on air any more which was fun and seeing his family and hearing about trips to Greece and stories about his Grandmother.

I find fewer of products in general, so far and a lack of kits on HSN. I  liked to try a variety of items I normally may not  have purchased. I ordered his hair care which I like from his site as there are more products. I like his AM PM cleansers but doubt ordering as do not care for the tube over the pump delivery. Right now I am underwhelmed.

Honored Contributor

@Gorgf Tina was just on with Dimitri the other day and she will be there for his shows this weekend.