Valued Contributor

Re: shawns new beauty show starting this week

@QVCShopperExtraordinaire  Is there ANY 'show' that Shawn can't/won't do?  Seems like she's everywhere promoting EVERYTHING (which are all her most favorites of all time).  It turns me off due to lack of objectivity and input from the products' presenters.  The hyperactivity is not conducive to staying tuned in to actually purchase items. IMO. 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@erichu  How would anyone be privy to the hosts' actual sales numbers in a fiscal quarter?  I think only the Top Sales/Receivables accountants have this kind of confidential data.....Shawn IS everywhere on QVC & seemingly all the time, but that doesn't equate to actual revenue attributable to her alone.  It's a ridiculous assumption that no one publicly from QVC should be announcing to potential customers.  (Maybe SK could be named the "Top Promoter/Talker"????)  I never buy anything she is completely excited about anyway.

(Uh Oh -- this will get poofed for being 'unkind' I expect -- but it's just a 'maybe' In My Opinion based on seeing a wide variety of presentations)

Valued Contributor

@Shanus  I prefer watching YouTube beauty videos, hands down.  The real life presenters there are often 'monetized' or sent free samples and items but I find them to be honest and professionally critical.  They all start with a clean face and most are over 25 years old.  Some are men who actually know more about women's skincare and makeup than many women.  I doubt the QVC Beauty Division will ever be able to compete significantly with other modes of presenting and/or promoting Beauty Items; the Q's best advantage is its sales offers:   Kits, Auto Delivery, TSV's, Easy Pay; they should stick with what works and not try to reinvent the wheel every 6 months. IMO.

Valued Contributor

@Caffeina  I KNOW!!!!!  I not only cringe, i have to look away because it looks so horrible.  We've all been cautioned to "be gentle with any contact in and around the Eye Area" whether it's cleansing or applying products.  These poor models will need heavy-duty eye creams or surgery in a few years!  

Thanks for posting that clip --- hard to watch, right?

Trusted Contributor

David is QVC's top seller.

It's not Shawn.

Ms. Felt needs to get her facts straight.

Honored Contributor

It's a dumb idea.  I'm sure Shawn's fan base will gobble it up.   It's also copying the makeup vendor who has been doing that for years and years.  I can't remember the line; she sold it here on QVC for a long time and now she's on some other shopping channel.  She comes on with a fresh face and applies makeup as she sells it.  

Respected Contributor

I saw the ad for it last night.  Immediately I thought of them doing this same thing on Beauty IQ all the time, most recently Gabrielle on her short lived beauty show.  I don't find it particularly interesting, I know how to do my makeup.  And yes I do think that Stacey lady on HSN with her YBF line was doing this first.  I would not want to have to go on tv without  makeup!  I would look horrendous LOL. 

Respected Contributor

Yes, it's not a new idea,  but cut her some slack.  I wouldn't do it.  I don't think she is claiming to be the first one to take off her make up and apply products as we watch.  I do think the show is advertising that it's the first of its kind for a regular QVC show.

People who like Shawn and beauty will watch,  people who don't like her but like beauty will probably tune in for a few mins out of curiosity, and people not into beauty would never watch anyway.  The sale numbers will determine how long this show lasts on the schedule.

Personally,  I don't care whether she has make up on or not,  what would get me to tune in would be some different lines.....  lighten up on the Philosophy, Mally, IT and Geller.  Bring us a mix of some other lines and products out there.  The make upless  Shawn is a cute gimick for now.

Respected Contributor

QVC keeps giving me lots more reasons to not watch Shawn. 

A true gift!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Frequent Contributor