Regular Contributor

if you have mature dry skin and have tried it celebration foundation-

what was your experience? I use and love the cc cream but am interested in the tsv. I know there are lots of reviews, but it is hard to sort through to see what the pattern of opinion on it on mature (I'm 61) dryer skin. TIA for your help, Rose

Super Contributor

Re: if you have mature dry skin and have tried it celebration foundation-

I like the CC cream but find the Celebration Foundation a bit drying. I actually like taking a sponge and just very lightly patting it on. If I try brushing it on it can be too heavy. I have also used a damp beauty blender to cover spots. My compact is down too very little so I don't mind getting it damp. It was a learning curve and after getting down to the end I figured out that I liked it. I hated the illuminating one though, too shiny. BTW I am 57 and have combination/dry skin. I am using retin A right now and so I am very dry.

Super Contributor

I am 59 and tried the celebration foundation... I do not have a lot of lines or wrinkles, but, I found it was rather cakey and thick on my skin... showing every fine. I much prefer the Bare Minerals powder over this Celebration powder.... thick and coating... that is the only way I can describe it.

I also did try the CC cream foundation. I like it MUCH more. Much more hydrating and smooth.

Occasional Contributor

I'm older than Jamie Kern who presents IT foundation -- I find IT foundation drying and cake-y on the cheeks.

Jamie sweeps it under the eye area to hide darkness on the models, I did that and it was awful, showed every line and crease and was very cake-y. I will not re-order it.

Although, I can use IT foundation on my chin, nose and forehead and it looks okay.

I would like to try Laura Geller's balance and brighten baked foundation, Laura Geller is more mature, age wise, and may know and understand formulas for mature skin.

Also, I have found Bobbi Brown's formulations very good for mature skin -- across her whole line of foundation, powder, eye shadow and cheek color. I'd give Bobbi Brown's line five stars for mature, dry skin.

Trusted Contributor

On 5/25/2014 gazelle77 said:

I am 59 and tried the celebration foundation... I do not have a lot of lines or wrinkles, but, I found it was rather cakey and thick on my skin... showing every fine. I much prefer the Bare Minerals powder over this Celebration powder.... thick and coating... that is the only way I can describe it.

I also did try the CC cream foundation. I like it MUCH more. Much more hydrating and smooth.

I agree to get very much coverage I needed to put more on and it was cakey. I have better luck with B.M. I think the only person it really works and looks good on it the older model that she uses.

Trusted Contributor

The Celebration Foundation is too drying on my dry mature skin as is Laura's B&B - they both give a chalky, powdery dry look. The only powder type products I have had any luck with are Smashbox's Halo (and I can apply it under the eyes as Holly used to demonstrate with no caking) and some of the BE Mineral Veil's and the BE Ready line. Actually IT's Cosmetics loose powder and bronzer and Josie Hydrating Powder have also been okay - I usually follow them with a spray of hydrating mist. Halo gives a nice glow the longer it is on the skin which looks really pretty - it's not anything overly noticeable but enough to make the skin look alive and hydrated. My favorite part of Halo~

I think Jamie is more focused on trying not to make products that are drying for any age group while Laura seems to stick with the same formulas even though many have reviewed them, for years, to be too drying and chalky. I don't think their age drives what they do - more likely the skin issues that either they have personally faced or those close to them.

Respected Contributor

I tried it when it first came to the Q. I have 57 year old dry skin. It accentuated every line and wrinkle.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Super Contributor

On 5/25/2014 Katluvr58 said:

I like the CC cream but find the Celebration Foundation a bit drying. I actually like taking a sponge and just very lightly patting it on. If I try brushing it on it can be too heavy. I have also used a damp beauty blender to cover spots. My compact is down too very little so I don't mind getting it damp. It was a learning curve and after getting down to the end I figured out that I liked it. I hated the illuminating one though, too shiny. BTW I am 57 and have combination/dry skin. I am using retin A right now and so I am very dry.

Kat, that's a great idea. I stopped using my CF because I thought it looked too cakey, even though I was finishing up with a hydrating spritz. Perhaps I should try applying the foundation with the bb. Good idea! Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the input ladies. I was tempted by the other items in the tsv esp the palette but will just wait until til they are offered separately.

Super Contributor

On 5/25/2014 Irishrose136 said:
On 5/25/2014 Katluvr58 said:

Kat, that's a great idea. I stopped using my CF because I thought it looked too cakey, even though I was finishing up with a hydrating spritz. Perhaps I should try applying the foundation with the bb. Good idea! Smiley Happy

Irishrose I have also scraped it into my BE foundation and used it that way. I figured I had nothing to lose. You can also scrape some into a moisturizer and blend it.