Respected Contributor

Re: if you have mature dry skin and have tried it celebration foundation-

I have not found a powder foundation that works for dry skin. I have even used Cle de Peau and Guerlain which are expensive and they still did not work on my dry skin. Thank you for asking this question because I have been on the fence about this product since it came out.

Super Contributor

I just received the 4 piece kit that included the CF, IT-O2 foundation, double-ended brush, and concealer. I have combination skin that hasn't done well with powder foundations in the past. So far, my review is mixed - but mostly because I'm struggling with color match. Does anyone else think the colors run dark? The coverage is OK, and the CF doesn't settle into my fine lines quite as much as other powders have. I'm contemplating returning this set and trying the CC with SPF 50.

Super Contributor

On 5/25/2014 isaboo said:
On 5/25/2014 gazelle77 said:

I am 59 and tried the celebration foundation... I do not have a lot of lines or wrinkles, but, I found it was rather cakey and thick on my skin... showing every fine. I much prefer the Bare Minerals powder over this Celebration powder.... thick and coating... that is the only way I can describe it.

I also did try the CC cream foundation. I like it MUCH more. Much more hydrating and smooth.

I agree to get very much coverage I needed to put more on and it was cakey. I have better luck with B.M. I think the only person it really works and looks good on it the older model that she uses.

The HD does her no favors though! It looks really bad on her I think.
Trusted Contributor

On 5/25/2014 Tricolor said:

I have not found a powder foundation that works for dry skin. I have even used Cle de Peau and Guerlain which are expensive and they still did not work on my dry skin. Thank you for asking this question because I have been on the fence about this product since it came out.

Have you ever tried SB's Halo? With a good hydrating primer, my super dry skin really does well with it. And I love the glow that comes as the day goes on. It has definitely been the best powder type product for me.

I have also done ok with BE's Ready but again with really moisturized skin (which I know you do - dry skin gals never skip that) followed by a hydrating primer (currently using IT's #50) and it seem to look decent. No glow arises like with Halo but at least it does not look dry, chalky or powdery.

Almost always I do give my face a fine mist of something and check my new post on Epilady as they have a gadget called MagiMist Atomizer which I am going to buy for really getting hydration into the skin. I've been wanting to try this type of mister for awhile and think this is the time.

Super Contributor

You can try getting a sample of Halo to try from Sephora's. My skin right now is like a desert and in bad shape it is so dry. I tried It CC yesterday on top of JM oil and sunscreen then It's new serum which is oily. My daughter told me it was not a nice look for me because I almost immediately started to flake. The day before I used Missha BB and no It serum. It felt dry but at least did not flake. Anyway I am trying to say that maybe you should look into Missha BB cream. It covers well and is not drying.