Honored Contributor

I am a natural redhead dark auburn , actually. I have a fair complexion and freckles. Lots of freckles, even though I'm 69 years old. I also swim at least 3 days a week outside so , even with sunscreen, those freckles come out when I'm in the sun. Yesterday we were out with some friends and some acquaintances. One lady who I don't even know well commented on my freckles. I just answered I've had them all my life - I wouldn't be me without them. She said there is makeup that would cover them. My DH then said he likes them, and he thinks they are youthful looking. Sometimes I could just hug him! So now I wonder how people feel about freckles. I never ever even thought I needed to cover them with heavy MU. I thought this woman was just very rude - but sometimes older people kinda lose their filters - if you know what I mean.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I am a natural redhead dark auburn , actually. I have a fair complexion and freckles. Lots of freckles, even though I'm 69 years old. I also swim at least 3 days a week outside so , even with sunscreen, those freckles come out when I'm in the sun. Yesterday we were out with some friends and some acquaintances. One lady who I don't even know well commented on my freckles. I just answered I've had them all my life - I wouldn't be me without them. She said there is makeup that would cover them. My DH then said he likes them, and he thinks they are youthful looking. Sometimes I could just hug him! So now I wonder how people feel about freckles. I never ever even thought I needed to cover them with heavy MU. I thought this woman was just very rude - but sometimes older people kinda lose their filters - if you know what I mean.

@151949  I personally love freckles! I try to never push full coverage mu on any woman who can feel comfortable w/o it and just add concealer in a few trouble areas. When skin texture shows through (& freckles), it is much more youthful than caking on layers of makeup. In fact, if a woman insists on full, heavy coverage, I may add back a few freckles, beauty marks (lightly, w/ waterproof pencil) because a completely even complexion can look artificial. 

FYI at the recent royal wedding, the bride’s freckles were proudly on display. 💕

Respected Contributor

Yes, rude. Maybe you should have suggested some duct tape to cover her mouth. Ha!!!

I have freckles and I like freckles. But all these much larger age spots I have now I am truly not a fan of!  

Esteemed Contributor

I like freckles.  While I still have plenty over my body, my face freckles have unfortunately disappeared with age.  Embrace your youthful looking freckles and don't even consider covering them with heavy makeup.

Honored Contributor

I think those of us prone to freckles are probably more prone to age spots as well. Sunscreen helps a lot to prevent those on my face but I have them on my arms.

Honored Contributor

I don't think she was rude, probably just trying to be helpful in case you were thinking of this.  I think freckles are healthy looking.  

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

Yes, rude. Maybe you should have suggested some duct tape to cover her mouth. Ha!!!

I have freckles and I like freckles. But all these much larger age spots I have now I am truly not a fan of!  

@pupwhipped  I’ve had several pop up, too...especially on the left side of face (driving), even w/ my high spf and extra tinted car windows. I use fade creams w/ a q tip to get the darker, large ones. I leave the small ones & my few freckles.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I think those of us prone to freckles are probably more prone to age spots as well. Sunscreen helps a lot to prevent those on my face but I have them on my arms.

@151949. I have many freckles on back, arms and a few on chest. Some are sun damage from as long ago from my Coppertone age. I get a full body check at derm every 6 mos. & she charts any that appear to be getting larger. 

Honored Contributor

I love freckles.I was robbed while working at a gas station when I was sixteen ...only thing I could remember about the robber was he had freckles.The police asked me how I could recall that and nothing else and laughed when I told them that I like freckles.

The lady who was telling you how to cover freckles sounds rude and should mind her own business unless asked.You should have asked her what she is covering as she seems to be the coverage expert.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

I love freckles.I was robbed while working at a gas station when I was sixteen ...only thing I could remember about the robber was he had freckles.The police asked me how I could recall that and nothing else and laughed when I told them that I like freckles.

The lady who was telling you how to cover freckles sounds rude and should mind her own business unless asked.You should have asked her what she is covering as she seems to be the coverage expert.

@dex  Sometimes when met w/ rudeness, it’s better to take high road. Why lower yourself to that level?