Super Contributor

After my nightly shower, I've been using apple cider vinegar as a toner on my face and neck area for a couple weeks now.  I am truly seeing a difference in my skin!  It looks much clearer and fresher if that makes sense.  The smell is strong at first, but quickly goes away, probably since I put my face cream on after using it.  I don't use a particular face cream - right now I'm using up a sample of ROC that I got in my WalMart beauty box that I subscribe to.  Anywho - this topic has probably already been done, but wow! I'm impressed.  I keep the bottle in my fridge as I put a splash in my smoothies when I make them.  Just thought I'd share for what it's worth!

Respected Contributor

ACV is good stuff! I sometimes use it my hair...shampoo, then pour on ACV & let it sit while I finish my shower. Hair feels incredibly clean, soft and is shinier, too.

Honored Contributor

I used to have to clean my CPAP machine with vinegar water to kill bacteria. My DH would complain the BR smelled of the vinegar and often he could smell it on me too. We bit the bullet and bought a machine to sterilize my equipment without vinegar since the smell bothered him so much.

Honored Contributor

I will never forget when I rinsed my hair w/apple cider vinegar & water and went to a Bar-B-Q at my BFF's house.    My BBB and her daughter complimented me on the smell of my hair.  At first I could not think of why and then I remembered what I used as a rinse.  There are many home remedies we can use but sometimes chose to purchase instead.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I do a 2oz "shot" of ACV every morning.  It has to be the one with the mother.

There are supposed to be all kinds of health benefits to ACV.  I didn't know about using it as a toner.

Respected Contributor

Interesting. Vinegar is one of the ingredients in the toner I use.

Honored Contributor

@vermint wrote:

ACV is good stuff! I sometimes use it my hair...shampoo, then pour on ACV & let it sit while I finish my shower. Hair feels incredibly clean, soft and is shinier, too.

My hair was getting kind of drab looking and I decided to use it as a rinse.  

I only did it twice, it was shockingly cold and both times I got it in my eyes, even though I tried to be real careful and pour it towards the back of my head!

Honored Contributor

Several years ago I used ACV as a toner, but I read (back then) that it should be dilluted with water (50/50).  Is it still recommended now to dilute it or is straight ACV fine?

Honored Contributor

Re: Apple Cider Vinegar!

[ Edited ]

I mix one tbsp. in water and add some Stevia to it every morning.  I've read to never drink apple cider vinegar --straight up--without diluting it.  It can damage the esophagus.  I put one tablespoon in 5 ounces of crystal light or water.  

I only use Braggs with the mother.  It appears to be helping my eczema a bit. 

https://www.amazing-green-tea.com/apple-cider-vinegar-side-effects.html

Full strength can also damage tooth enamel.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Several years ago I used ACV as a toner, but I read (back then) that it should be dilluted with water (50/50).  Is it still recommended now to dilute it or is straight ACV fine?

@San Antonio Gal

Do not drink straight or use on your skin straight.  Dilute for sure!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"