Super Contributor

do it yourself eyelash color

Does anyone order the kits on Amazon and color their eyelashes? I looked at one kit for $25 and it had several applications, and to get mine done is $45 plus add a tip.I just wondered if it was worth the effort, although I think it would be fun to do it.

Respected Contributor

Re: do it yourself eyelash color

This seems like a bad idea.
Respected Contributor

@nanny24  I tried a light brown eyebrow kit to darken my taupe colored eyebrows and I guess I left it on too long because my bushy eyebrows turned almost jet black and completely overpowered my face- and the tint lasted a month so that was something I had to really roll with for a while.   I worry that if I tint my own eyelashes it'll end up smeared all over my face and I'll look like I cried with cheap mascara.  I've seen Youtube beauty gurus tint their own lashes so it can definitely be done Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@nanny24 wrote:

Does anyone order the kits on Amazon and color their eyelashes? I looked at one kit for $25 and it had several applications, and to get mine done is $45 plus add a tip.I just wondered if it was worth the effort, although I think it would be fun to do it.

I have barely there lashes.  So light in color, short and flat.  I used Just For Men Beard after watching YouTube videos, don't recommend.  I've wanted to get my eyelashes tinited for a very long time.  I was going on a cruise so I decided to get a tint and lift done.  I went to a place that had very good reviews.  It was just okay.  I don't think it made too much of a different.  Look like I had eyeliner on.  It cost me almost $200 with tip.  They told me the tint would last almost 2 weeks.  It barely lasted a week.  If you know a good place, $45 seems reasonable to try.  

Trusted Contributor

I have tried to color my eyelashes on my own using those kits.  It seemed to disappear pretty quick.  

I now get them tinted & curled/lifted at a local brow place.  What a difference when a professional does them!  Best $75 + tip.  They last a good 6 weeks minimum and I usually go very 7 or 8 weeks.  I literally do not need to wear mascara.

Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
This seems like a bad idea.

@RollTide2008   Have to say it sounds scary. One coat of mascara takes seconds if you like darker lashes. I'll stay with that.

Trusted Contributor

I have light colored lashes.  It's so annoying.  LOL But I don't think anything would ever make me dye my own lashes or brows.  Seems like an easy way to look ridiculous or you know, go blind. 

I have had my lashes professionally tinted and I had a slight reaction-- itchy eyes.  It was like bad seasonal allergies. That was bad enough to decide to stick to one coat mascara.  I wipe the brush with a tissue, apply and then comb my lashes. 

I wish a mascara company would make a tint only.  I would buy that in bulk.  LOL. 

Respected Contributor

I feel certain this is best handled by professionals.  Check around for pricing.  I get mine done for $20 and they last for at least 3 months.  

Honored Contributor

@nanny24 

You can get a few packs of false lashes for that price.  Some packs have different styles in them.  I found out the hard way that (for me) it's best I actually see the lashes in real life vs ordering a new pair online that I've never seen.