Contributor
I believe by continuing to sell Wen by Chaz Dean product QVC participates in retraumatizing the victims of his products. Today, we received notice of the federal court in this horrific case and today is the day QVC has Wen as the TSV. I realize that this is a coincidence, nevertheless the consequence is the same: women feeling hurt, betrayed by QVC& Wen and re traumatized. Even if only some of QVC customers were involved in this matter , I would think that QVC could be considerate, responsive, responsible, & respectful. QVC, why are you are not willing to consider stopping your relationship with Wen? We trusted you. Who agrees to pay $28,250,000 (million dollars) if there was truly no wrongdoing? So many women who thought they were doing something good for themselves ended up getting hurt and physically and emotionally devastated They purchased their Wen products from QVC & trusted the product because of QVC & many women have been affected by hair loss. QVC, Please consider your actions and response in this matter. Thank you.
Contributor

@willomenia wrote:
anyone else receive a notice to settle on wen from the class action lawsuit? I for one only ordered once, (didn't like it, felt like I was shampooing with conditioner). I am still surprised that qvc continues to sell a product that has so many lawsuits pending. I understand not everyone experienced hair loss, but the fact that any negative things happened and qvc claims to have a strict quality control, yet they still sell it. (i'm not surprised people who like it continue to by it, just that qvc continues to sell it) I guess it will take a direct hit to qvc before they stop

My Pillow just settled a class action law suit about a month ago. But QVC still sells them all the time. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Ramineh wrote:
I believe by continuing to sell Wen by Chaz Dean product QVC participates in retraumatizing the victims of his products. Today, we received notice of the federal court in this horrific case and today is the day QVC has Wen as the TSV. I realize that this is a coincidence, nevertheless the consequence is the same: women feeling hurt, betrayed by QVC& Wen and re traumatized. Even if only some of QVC customers were involved in this matter , I would think that QVC could be considerate, responsive, responsible, & respectful. QVC, why are you are not willing to consider stopping your relationship with Wen? We trusted you. Who agrees to pay $28,250,000 (million dollars) if there was truly no wrongdoing? So many women who thought they were doing something good for themselves ended up getting hurt and physically and emotionally devastated They purchased their Wen products from QVC & trusted the product because of QVC & many women have been affected by hair loss. QVC, Please consider your actions and response in this matter. Thank you.

OMG....

One post and this is it?  Who's paying you?

Trusted Contributor

I threw out my Wen a few months ago. It just did not work for me but I will not be joining the class action suit.

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Honored Contributor

I received one this morning. I deleted it. Even though I did use Wen & have had hair loss I seriously doubt the Wen caused it. There are too many things in our environment, our hormones, medications, age etc etc that factor in. I guess Chaz has to settle so he can move on. It's too bad he has to do that. I really don't think there is any way to prove Wen was the cause of their hair loss.

Honored Contributor

I ordered once. I don't plan on doing anything, and I already deleted the email. I didn't like it because it made my hair limp and greasy no matter how I used it. I used it up as shaving cream for my legs. 

Honored Contributor

I ordered it quite a bit but only used it a few times because I have thin hair and it just didn't work good for me.  Yet I kept ordering it. 

I have given so much of it to a friend of mine, she loves it.

I often get things (notices about class action) because I have money invested in the stock market.  There's always something going on (people suing and getting sued).  I just don't mess with it anymore because it's not worth the pain in the neck of it all.

Valued Contributor

I used it for a few years. I have very thinning hair. It had nothing to do with Wen. I bought Wen hoping it would help thicken my hair but it didn't. It did not cause any hair loss and I used it exclusively for at least 3 years.

I stopped using it because my hair was too limp and had no body. I switched gradually using other products and finally used up what I had and never reordered.

Wen never caused any hair loss. I received the email yesterday and will not respond. Reading it I believe it states a settlement of $25.00. Not worth the bother and certainly doesn't appear to be a big law suit.

I think the whole thing is nonsense.

Respected Contributor

@Ramineh wrote:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How silly.

Most lawsuits are settled pre-trial.  Especially class action suits.  There is a process called mediation that brings the plaintiff and defendant together to attempt to work out a mutually agreeable settlement without going through the time and expense of a trial. There is no risk to either party when settlement is reached.  No assumption of wrong-doing should be made when a settlement is reached.

This case was in Federal Court because it was a class action and the plaintiffs were spread between many states. Federal Court implies nothing nefarious or more important about this case than any other run of the mill class action suit.

I would suggest that anyone "traumatized" by the thought of using WEN might consider not watching QVC when it is on. While the tiny percent of people who "claim" hair loss might be afraid to see this "horrific" product, the many millions of us who use the product successfully are glad to keep buying it here.  

~Enough is enough~
Contributor
Just because you will do anything for money don't assume that about everyone. There are those who will state the truth about THEIR OWN experience without any ulterior motives. All you have to do is to be respectful of other people's experiences.