New Contributor

Does anyone have a help idea on ridding my nose of blackheads?

Honored Contributor

I sound like broken record, but Dr. Young's Camellia Deep Cleansing Oil (get it on Amazon) has been such a great product for me. It gives a thorough cleansing, but keeps my skin soft and hydrated without giving it an oily finish. If you're afraid of putting oil directly on your face, I was skeptical as well, but it doesn't make your face oilier. In fact, if you have any oil issues or combo skin, it works to normalize and stabilize your natural oil production.

I've also recently started using a Foreo Luna Mini and really like it so far.

Super Contributor

Try the Skin Vacuum mask from SKINN cosmetics. Dimitri's going to be on SHOPHQ all weekend long, so you might be able to find it in a good kit.

Honored Contributor

Tired of dinking around with expensive products? Use Biore strips, you will be shocked.

Super Contributor

Just be aware that if you do use a pore strip (Biore or otherwise), it may cause extreme irritation if you are currently using any retinol or have skin issues such as rosacea, psoriasis, etc.

Super Contributor
On 6/25/2014 Colonel Meow said:

Just be aware that if you do use a pore strip (Biore or otherwise), it may cause extreme irritation if you are currently using any retinol or have skin issues such as rosacea, psoriasis, etc.

Also, the strips usually just grab the top layer of the blackhead and/or any sebaceous filaments that people mistake for blackheads.

Super Contributor

My HG product for blackheads and large pores has been the daily use of a BHA - Beta Hydroxy Acid (salicyclic acid). I have combo/oily skin.

I use a 2% BHA gel from Paula's Choice, 2x a day. You can call and ask for some samples before buying. BHAs clean out congested pores and help even and smooth out skin tone and the skin's surface.

Also, using any type of clay mask is usually very helpful in clearing out the pores......and keeping them clear.

Honored Contributor

I use retinol (non-prescription) and the pore strips cause a few hours of redness. But seeing that little forest of filaments and blackheads with a 10X loupe makes me realize how ineffective certain cleansers are. In my case that means the Clairisonic.

Esteemed Contributor

Superfine sugar.

Super Contributor
On 6/25/2014 Harpa said:

Superfine sugar.

OH, Harpa! Thanks soooo much for your sugar remedy. I just went into my bathroom and tried this. You are a genius! It works. Best exfoliating scrub I have ever used. Take a bow, Harpa, you are awesome!