Honored Contributor

another haircut --new stylist

[ Edited ]

I hate my hair!!!!Woman SadSmiley Frustrated

Not going to sugar coat it--many times have been tempted to shave it all and wear a wig---I have been to at least 15 different stylists in the last 15 years after my wonderful hair girl quit the business. Paid lots of bucks for mediocore cuts. It was 6 months from my last cut---which was wretched. At DD insistance we went to her person and ---the angels are still singingWoman Happy---a decent cut!! Not the one in the photo I brought -----but this woman flat out told me--No that style won't work on your hair and here's why--then proceedded to give me a list--most of them I knew, but a few I did not. I have the perfect face shape for pixie cuts--who knew------I have a very short forehead---another who knew---so need feathery bangs---she worked around my twin cowlicks---those , I did know about---I swear ETdid that  with that extra long finger-- and showed me how to deal with them.. And the best thing--she didn't shave the back of my head, just razor cut it all, so I don't feel like I've been buzzed cut. Now this hair is in shock and will be for a few weeks but am seeing a really nice cut. And I paid LESS for all that than just a shampoo and cut from the other places. You don't get a style much less a blow dry unless you pay extra. I tipped her well and will go back Woman Wink

Super Contributor

Re: another haircut --new stylist

I wear my hair in a pixie cut as well.  I have found a pomade (The Barb) that makes my hair style wonderfully and can just smush it up the next day for another perfect do.  

I never used a pomade before and have to say I am hooked on this product.

Esteemed Contributor

@wagirl
Oh I am so happy for you that you have a hairstyle you love on yourself. It's so hard to find someone good. Enjoy!
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@wagirl ...........I dont know what you mean by your hair is in shock.  If you mean its out of control, do you use styling products?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

Oh that is great, @wagirl !  Now have DD take pictures from all angles so you will always have a reference to remind the stylist, or in case you need to go to another stylist, of the cut and style if need be.

Honored Contributor

@wagirl 

A pixie looks So chic and smart!  Wonderful!!!

Honored Contributor

@wagirl   So happy that you're happy!!

Ah, a pixie cut...my go to until I grew it out to a curly bob. Loved to use styling paste ("butch wax" in the old days) to spike it up a bit just for kicks and giggles. Enjoy your new stylist and hope she stays around for you. Sounds like a match made in heaven.

Respected Contributor

@wagirl That is wonderful! I'm glad you found a good cut for you & you like the stylist!

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie --for me -there is a 2 week period of time where, after a cut, my hair kind of freaks out and no matter what I do to it-- even the normal stuff I did before, my hair does not obey me and does it's own thing. And then it settles down and I can style it to the new cut. You have never experienced that? I say that alot and get the same nod of agreement. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus ---well---- there are 2 things  that are the "boss" in my life.--- #1 is my 14yr old catCat Wink and the other is my hairWoman Frustrated Have never had great hair but after chemo it truly took on a new path of  annoyance---became even more straight, thin and ---with weird fly away wings at my temples as well as those dang cowlicks--the color is really nice however. Could never grow it out much beyond my jawline,  before it started to bother the bejeezus outta me. And I do like pixie cuts and also have some butch wax . As well as bottles of hair spray ----which I am all about too----what is the saying---the higher  the hair the closer to God---