Respected Contributor

and it's going right back. I ordered shade light medium. It is a bright reddish, orangey tan color. I tried it on my hand. And the texture- sooo thick and mask-like. The sun blush is also quite orange. Didn't open the brush, no need. I had to use dawn dishwashing detergent to get the product off my hand. It is definitely waterproof.

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

Re: It cosmetics tsv came today

I did the same thing for an IT order from a few years ago--only for me, it was so  yellow and ordered my shade-- light---the brushes are great tho!! 

Valued Contributor

Their Bye Bye Foundation is a lighter feel, you might like that better.  It doesn't really have a correct shade for me either. I was color matched at Ulta by an It Representative.  I was matched to Fair, it was ok but a little too light.  The next two shades up didn't work either.  I wear Fairly Light In Bare Mineral Original Mineral Foundation. Sorry the TSV didn't work for you.

Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother  - I found the orginal CC cream too thick also.  I do, however, love their CC Glow cream.  It's not as thick or heavy as the original.

Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother 

Oh man, dishwashing detergent?! Those are the same reasons I sent mine back a few years ago. Even if they made a true Light color, I couldn't stand the thickness and heaviness of it.

Respected Contributor

I am sorry you did not get a good color match.  I took a chance and ordered the Fair.  It should be delivered Monday or Tuesday.  Normally Fair would be a bit too light, but going by the limited color descriptions it may work for me.  We could benefit by a more detailed shade explanation instead of pictures of the models' faces.  IMO, it would be nice to have seen a display of a lineup of the tubes in shade order, or swatches of all shades on a few arms of different tones so you can actually see and compare. If QVC did this, then I missed that part of the demonstration.

"In spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart" Anne Frank
Honored Contributor

@PhilaLady1  - I agree about the shade descriptions given by the vendor and/or host.  I even sent QVC an email under the "Suggestion Box forum about being more descriptive - is it neutral toned, cool, or warm?  But no response.  Telling me, "Fair is for our porcelain gals" means nothing.  Since I can be either a light or a light medium depending on the tone telling me "Light Medium is for those between Light and Medium"  Really?  That's the stupdiest description I've ever heard.  It drives me nuts.

Respected Contributor

And now you have to pay shipping back. Bummer. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Applying IT CC cream with a damp sponge makes all the difference.  I apply it this way and the result is an airbrushed look.  Not thick at all.

Real tech sponge.jpg

Frequent Contributor

I used to mix a little of the foundation with my mineral spf's to my "universally" tinted mineral spfs to make them more like a tinted moisturizer w/slightly more coverage.  While it worked very well, I just couldn't find a good shade match despite trying 4 shades.  

i obvuisly gave up.  Love the pressed setting powders though! NOT their pressed powder foundations!!!