Super Contributor

Youtube Channel - Considering

Anyone else ever thought about starting their own youtube beauty channel just to see if they get free products? Last night, I watched someone review the IT Cosmetics upcoming TSV that she got for free from IT. She uses her IPhone to film and only has a few thousand followers. Heck, I can do that for free products.

While I breathe, I hope - - South Carolina
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Youtube Channel - Considering

[ Edited ]

The amount of free products they get is insane. There is this one youtuber whos videos are basically just a commercial of stuff she got sent. She is pretty honest but still. Then there is one that never shows all the products and they still send them to her. Or one that every stinking video is a collaboration with Nordstrom and always the same products. Don't you love America and the ways we can make money.

Respected Contributor

No. The equipment is expensive and filming and all that goes with it requires a lot of time.  I will live without the free products. I am a little camera shy anyway. LOL

Respected Contributor

I am sure that it is harder than it appears. Don't think I will try it. 

Respected Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:

The amount of free products they get is insane. There is this one youtuber whos videos are basically just a commercial of stuff she got sent. She is pretty honest but still. Then there is one that never shows all the products and they still send them to her. Or one that every stinking video is a collaboration with Nordstrom and always the same products. Don't you love America and the ways we can make money.

I think I would be a little overwhelmed trying to manage the amount of product some of these YouTubers own. I know I do not have the space to store several hundred or thousands of products. If it works for others that is great, but it is not for me.

Respected Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

I am sure that it is harder than it appears. Don't think I will try it. 

I bet it is!  Numerous YTrs I watch have mentioned how labor-intensive video processing is. 

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."