Super Contributor

Since we're almost at the end of another year, I thought it would be fun to list our Top 5 Favorite Beauty Buys of 2021.  If you purchased in 2021 and it's new to you, what is it you find yourself reaching for & using a lot since trying it?  If it's a kit, name the kit as one choice instead of breaking it down to individual pieces.  It can be anything beauty related.  I'll go first, no particular order, lol.

1. Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen.  Love this primer in both this & the Matte Screen formulas

Supergoop! - Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40 PA+++

2.  Chartlotte Tillbury Hollywood Filter.  I use as a highlighter with or without a base. 

Charlotte Tilbury - Hollywood Flawless Filter

3. This portable little fan.  Use everyday to dry setting spray and/or in the summer just to cool off.  Love.

4.  Charlotte Tillbury Setting Spray.  I really like the finish it gives my face & just works great for me.  

Charlotte Tilbury - Airbrush Flawless Setting Spray

5.  RMS Eternal Sunset Collection Lip & Cheek Set.  Ended up using this so much since I received it.  The bronzer is talc free & natural but can be built up, & I also use it as eyeshadow.  Love the color of the balm, very natural but I mix it up with the  little pot of cheek/lip product.  I am surprised how much I used this combo.

rms beauty - Eternal Sunset Collection Lip and Cheek Set

What were some of your favorite things in beauty?  

edited to remove links

Honored Contributor

Screen Shot 2021-12-19 at 4.21.40 PM.pngI recently discovered this primer. It is very nice.

Honored Contributor

What a great thread @RooRoo .

Question on the Super Goop -  Is this a combo primer/sunscreen?   I'm always hearing good things about this brand.

Honored Contributor

All the following are new for me in 2021:

Bee Stunning Body Exfoliating Tool

bee stunning body.jpg

Geek Aire Rechargeable Handheld Personal Fan

fan.jpg

Revlon Microdermabrasion Wand

revlon wand.jpg

Prell Shampoo ( same ol' green stuff, smells so good)

prell.jpg

e.l.f. Sheer Slick Lipstick in 'Grapefruit'

elf lippie.jpg

Respected Contributor

My top 5 for 2021 for the first time are as follows,, not in any specific order.

1, Bobbi Brown corrector concealer

2. Charlotte Tilbury's Pillow talk Lipstick

3.Too Faced Diamond Hi-Lighter

4.Pop Colour blush

5..Flower Beauty Lipstick

Honored Contributor

@RooRoo  - Great post!  Looking forward to seeing everyone's posts.

Mine, in no particular order are:

L'Oreal Vouminous Base eyelash primer

Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara - this just may unseat my previous number 1 mascara which was L'Oreal Voluminous

Milani eyeshadow primer

Benefit Precisely My Brow Pencil

Milani Sunkissed Bronzer

Honored Contributor

My top 5 new beauty products of 2021 are:

1.  WEN Exfoliating Facial Scrub

2.  WEN Body Treatment Balm

3.  Peter Thomas Roth Peptide 21 Wrinkle Resist Moisturizer

4.  Peter Thomas Roth Peptide 21 Amino Acid Exfoliating Peel Pads

5.  O'o Hawaii Beauty Birdsong Eye Remedy

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Super Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Question on the Super Goop -  Is this a combo primer/sunscreen?   I'm always hearing good things about this brand.

@San Antonio Gal  yes, and it's sweat proof (resistant) & doesn't sting my eyes if I accidentaly touch them when wiping sweat, lol. It is so nice in the hot weather!  Light weight plus leaves my skin velvety soft. It comes in Unseen which is slightly mattifying on me, Matte Screen & Glow Screen.  I think a couple years back QVC might've sold it, if I'm remembering correctly.  Wish they would again & have a bundled deal.  My DH wears it to work sometimes as well (not on his days off) but he prefers Bull Frog or something like that if working outside.  I definitely recommend it even if to wear just under makeup because it can be pricier than others but it's a great primer on its own.  

@Mom2Dogs  Where can I read about your primer, is it By Terry?  I'm glad you found one that works for you, I have a few primers that I like but By Terry is $$$, right?  

@SilleeMee  I like your little pink fan better!  They are great, aren't they?  I can't remember the last time I charged mine, it goes & goes.  That Bee Stunning tool is on my radar after you mentioned it.  Hopefully will purchase before summertime.  I want to use it on my tricep area  & legs.

I enjoy reading what everyone finds useful, I learn so much here!!  

Honored Contributor

@RooRoo    $55.00 for 1.35 oz.  My make up looks great the entire day.  If you go to Amazon you can read reviews, pro and con.  I believe someone on the boards mentioned it a while back, that is were I heard about it.

I don't buy a lot of make up, just the basics, so this product was more than I would typically spend on a product buy for me, worth it.

Super Contributor

@Leeny  I carry PillowTalk in my purse, it always looks good.  Such a nice color!  I've read & seen great reviews on Flower Beauty but have never seen it anywhere.  Then again, with Covid I haven't been anywhere to shop other than

groceries & Ulta.  

@JudyL  I wore the Loreal Voluminous for many years & loved it.  Will have to try the Maybelline you've mentioned. I think I got away from some of my tried & true products during Covid.  I got into the swing of online ordering & strayed with newer (to me) formulas. I received a sample of the Rare Beauty mascara a while back & do like it very much but it really is no better than Voluminous.  Hard to improve on such a good formula but I like that Rare Beauty is cruelty free.  

@SurferWife  I've never tried Wen! I'd like to try some of his face & body products, they sound so nice.