Esteemed Contributor

I have been hoarding my YBF brow pencils as they are my favorite and until this month YBF became a return vendor on The Shopping Channel in Canada I hadn't bought any.

I still have the red cases brow pencils even though the actual pencil is down to the nub and isn't usable. The newer version YBF brow pencils are in the black plastic cases which aren't quite as nice as the red metal ones.

So I discovered that you can pull out the brow pencil bullet case by pulling on the black top plastic case that holds the retractable brow pencil -- the brow pencil bullet plastic case that holds the pencil is just under 2.5 inches and I pulled them out of both the red cases and the black cases so you can re-use the red case if you want to as the bullet cases are the same size on both colored cases. Just move the bullet case from the black brow pencil to the red one by re-inserting it into the empty case and you're done!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: YBF brow pencils hack

[ Edited ]

@TY wrote:

I have been hoarding my YBF brow pencils as they are my favorite and until this month YBF became a return vendor on The Shopping Channel in Canada I hadn't bought any.

I still have the red cases brow pencils even though the actual pencil is down to the nub and isn't usable. The newer version YBF brow pencils are in the black plastic cases which aren't quite as nice as the red metal ones.

So I discovered that you can pull out the brow pencil bullet case by pulling on the black top plastic case that holds the retractable brow pencil -- the brow pencil bullet plastic case that holds the pencil is just under 2.5 inches and I pulled them out of both the red cases and the black cases so you can re-use the red case if you want to as the bullet cases are the same size on both colored cases. Just move the bullet case from the black brow pencil to the red one by re-inserting it into the empty case and you're done!

@TY

?   YBF fan here and  I wish I knew what you are talking about.......lol

Esteemed Contributor

Image result for YBF brow pencils

Image result for YBF brow pencils black case

So the YBF brow pencils can come in either the red cases or the black cases as seen in these photos from QVCUK and Pinterest. The red cases are metal while the black cases are plastic. The part you pull out is the section where the actual retractable pencil is. It's the top 1 and 3/8 inches of the pencil bullet case that can be removed.

Honored Contributor

Yes, the black (plastic) and red (metal) cases have tips that are interchangeable because they are the same size.

Honored Contributor

I don't like them.  They are too hard--similar to most IT pencils.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

I don't like them.  They are too hard--similar to most IT pencils.

I think they are too hard too @winamac1. I recently found the ELF pencilsHeart and gave away my YBF pencils.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: YBF brow pencils hack

[ Edited ]

Just to be clear, these are not IT products.

I still have one in the silver packaging!

Respected Contributor

@TY  Thx. I hate those black ones. 

Esteemed Contributor

oh Geeezzz........... is what you are saying ,you do not like the new cases and that you can change the new  to the old case?

lol

Esteemed Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

oh Geeezzz........... is what you are saying ,you do not like the new cases and that you can change the new  to the old case?

lol

Yes, you can switch the YBF cases whether red or black. I don't think that the black plastic cases are as nice as the red metal cases so that's why I took a good look at the red cases that I had as the retractable pencils were used up. I figured I had nothing to lose by seeing if I could re-use the cases.