Honored Contributor

I love the YBF pencils and don't find them too hard at all.  I recently bought the ELF Instant Life brow pencil and while the pencil itself is okay, the color  didn't work for me.  I bought the taupe and it has too much of a reddish cast to it for my blonde hair.   I'm wondering if the neutral brown would have been better.

I only bought the YBF pencils when Colleen Lopez had them every year as her host pick. They were only $10.00 and free s/h.  But she has moved on to Wunderbrow and already said she chose that for her host pick so I don't know that I will get the good deals anymore on YBF. 

Honored Contributor

Re: YBF brow pencils hack

[ Edited ]

@HerRoyaLioness wrote:

Just to be clear, these are not IT products.

I still have one in the silver packaging!

@HerRoyaLioness I have those too. I think those are the Models Prefer brand.

I also have some in the black & some in the red packaging. I did not know the red were tin.

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz - yes, they are the Models Prefer brand!  I remember Stacey coming out with the rollers in her hair and no makeup on and boy did she look differerent after, very impressive!  I never followed her to the YBF brand, but still lover her eyebrow pencil!  She was a lot of fun.

Honored Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness wrote:

@Nightowlz - yes, they are the Models Prefer brand!  I remember Stacey coming out with the rollers in her hair and no makeup on and boy did she look differerent after, very impressive!  I never followed her to the YBF brand, but still lover her eyebrow pencil!  She was a lot of fun.

@HerRoyaLioness She does the same thing on HSN. DH say her once doing that & asked why did she have on rollers & no makeup? LOL!!! Does not take her long to do her makeup & hair.

Trusted Contributor

I love YBF eyebrow pencils andf have used them for years but like another reader, I don't "get" what you are saying.

They only come in one shade, Universal Taupe, a shade that looks natural on everyone.  I've never fond them to be hard or crumbly.  A few minutes before I put my eyebrow pencil on, I take a tiny, tiny, dab of a very lightweight inexpensive eye cream and quickly swipe it across my brows.  The pencil glides on smoothly, fills in the sparse places and stays on until I take it off at night.

I would love if someone would explain what the OP was saying in a different way!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: YBF brow pencils hack

[ Edited ]

OK, I took a photo of the YBF brow pencils. The left black case is one of the new brow pencils I just bought online. I have pulled out the bullet case from it that has the new pencil lead. The middle red case I've pulled out the old bullet case with the worn down pencil lead. The red case on the right is after I already replaced the pencil lead from the second brow pencil as I bought the YBF brow pencil duo set that came with the black cases. You simply pull out the bullet case by grabbing it and pulling it out. Be sure to retract the pencil lead first as you don't want to damage it. Then you can put the new fresh bullet case into the older red cases. I like the red cases as they are metal and not plastic. I can also tell easily that I have a YBF brow pencil as the red case stands out from a sea of brown and black brow pencil cases as that's what most companies brow pencils are.

IMG_9608.JPG

Honored Contributor

@TY. Not sure why you like the red case enough to switch the brow pencil inside (if I understood that OP). I use IT YBBB...also a universal taupe that adjusts to brow color by amount of pressure...same as YBF pencil. 

Honored Contributor

I really liked the Models Prefer pencils.  I tried the YBF once and they were not the same.  I did not return them, but didn't care much for them.

Honored Contributor

Ahhh, now I think I get it.  This is because you don't like the black, plastic case? 

The last time I bought the YBF pencil was I think last year during an HSN host pick and it came with the black plastic.  In fact, I honestly don't remember the last time I had one with the red metal case.  I ordered a TS a few years ago that had the brow pencil and it too was in the black plastic. 

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I prefer the red YBF brow pencil cases over the black ones as they are nicer and that's why I switched out the bullet cases so I could continue to use the red cases.