Trusted Contributor

Re: Women( and men) who dye their hair too dark.

Who cares. Maybe some of use don't have the money to spend going to a salon to get our hair highlighted so we can look younger than we really are. It surprises me how worked up you all are over this. Superficial.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

All of the sudden, I feel like I look old.Woman Sad

But, you do not have to care @SilleeMee.  If you are happy with it, that is wonderful.

@SeaMaiden,

I do care.Woman Happy It's a vanity thing that I chose to fight aging...I can't help it. Maybe I should consider highlighting my hair now. hmmm

@SilleeMee  you might love it. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

PSX_20160805_023025.jpg

Stopped coloring 4yrs ago. Love my grey.

For anyone considering going natural number of video's on YouTube. Cindy Joseph my inspiration. Cindy started modeling career 59. Imo attitude and lifestyle contributes to looking one's best. 

Honored Contributor

Is that you @Sweet_Serenity?

You are so pretty. Love your hair.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Hi Sille, Yes it's me. Love your name. Whenever I see your name makes me smile. Thanks!! 💞

Trusted Contributor

@sweetee2 wrote:

Who cares. Maybe some of use don't have the money to spend going to a salon to get our hair highlighted so we can look younger than we really are. It surprises me how worked up you all are over this. Superficial.

Need I remind you - you are on a beauty board. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Rather than try to cover gray, I decided to lighten my light brown hair a few shades so that the gray would be less noticeable.  

I started doing this about 20+ years ... works for me!  One of these days, if I ever get completely white ... I'll stop.  

Respected Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

It's definitely a matter of opinion, and l respectfully disagree. I think Mary the model looks great, and so does Maria, the plus-size model. Both have beautiful skin and eyes, and the contrast with their dark hair is striking. I color my hair (to cover grey) the same off-black as it's been all of my life-- and wear it long. People l haven't seen in a long time tell me l haven't changed, which l consider a compliment!

@handygal2, I agree with your post.  My hair is what I would call a "mouse brown"; being in my 50's, I have some gray in it.  The guy who does my hair keeps the brown base color and adds some dark blonde highlights.

He had an accident in June, so I couldn't get into see him until the end of July and I was soooooooo ready.  He said he was surprised that he didn't see more gray, so that was a pleasant surprise.  

I also have straight hair and keep "long bangs" swept to the side with it down to about the middle of my back.  This gives me the opportunity to wear it in different ways, one being a ponytail when it's hot.  

Honored Contributor

I look washed out with lighter hair, so I have a deal with my hairdresser. She will tell me when it's time to go a little lighter, and believe me she will. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

I don't color my hair, but for people who do - people's hair is not all one color.  Sometimes when people dye their hair so black, I think to myself that African American people don't have hair that black.