Super Contributor

Re: Whoa!! I want the new BE Serum Foundation! Anybody with me?

On 2/25/2014 SouthrnGirl said:

I thought this was advanced orders for April 8th? Mine shipped yesterday.

Mine is still "Advance Order". I was thinking I'd take my time, watch the video, then decide whether or not to cancel -- all the time in the world! But if they're starting to ship now...

Frequent Contributor

On 2/25/2014 BellaCarro said:

Really? That is very surprising to me. Tracking number and all?

Yes, tracking # and all. It says it's in Jackson, MS. I was kinda hoping for the delay. I still have some other foundation left. Oh well. Now I'm excited to try it.
Respected Contributor

Yes, tracking # and all. It says it's in Jackson, MS. I was kinda hoping for the delay. I still have some other foundation left. Oh well. Now I'm excited to try it.
Such a heavy burden you have! All eyes will be looking to you for every detail.
Frequent Contributor

Such a heavy burden you have! All eyes will be looking to you for every detail.
Lol! That's funny! Welllllllll......... I will do my best!
Trusted Contributor

On 2/22/2014 BellaCarro said:
On 2/22/2014 suzyQ3 said:

Yes, I saw the video that's been up on the item page regarding application, and then I watched the video of the presentation, too.

I wonder whether that brush is more a gimmick than anything else -- the well and also the need for buffing. I'm sort of weird when it comes to using brushes for "wet" stuff like foundation. I'm not even crazy about using my IT concealer brush with BBUE.

It may very well be a gimmick.

I felt the same way about brushes for wet products until I recently tried a stippling brush for cream blush. The end result was a huge difference so now I am rethinking my stance.

Brushes and QVC

Brushes can be very useful for application, however QVC sells a brush with just about every makeup product, because they can't match the retail price of the product alone, due to their high shipping fees. A lot of websites offer free shipping, and often no tax.

I figure the brushes must be quite inexpensive to produce, so they can add them in and tell you what a great deal you're getting! The presenters always tell you that the particular brush is absolutely necessary to apply the product.

I have plenty of brushes and find it a waste of money.

Not applicable

I was at my local Ulta store on Thursday. The Bare Minerals rep was there doing a demo of the new foundation for the employees. She did show me the foundation. It feels amazing on the skin. I have always used the original Bare Minerals but started having redness, so I had to stop using. The foundation won't be in Ulta stores until the first of May. Definitely will try this!

Super Contributor

On 3/1/2014 crusader23 said:

I was at my local Ulta store on Thursday. The Bare Minerals rep was there doing a demo of the new foundation for the employees. She did show me the foundation. It feels amazing on the skin. I have always used the original Bare Minerals but started having redness, so I had to stop using. The foundation won't be in Ulta stores until the first of May. Definitely will try this!

Thanks for the sneak peak! Did she use the Magic Brush? And how was the coverage?

I actually cancelled mine, figured I'd try the IT CC TSV and if that was a disappointment, THEN order the BE. Now you've piqued my interest again!

That's so cool you were able to try it!!

New Contributor

I looked at the price on the bare min site and the serum is 29.00 and the brush is 28.00. So I guess for both QVC has a pretty good deal.
Honored Contributor

I just received my EL Double Wear ""Makeup Lesson"" kit yesterday and will try it this morning. The kit is listed on the EL website as sold out. I had a demo of it during my happy visit last Friday and I liked both the coverage and especially the look. I suspect it might work for many of us Super Silvers.
Honored Contributor

Violann, I'm looking forward to your review. I hope it is wonderful!