Trusted Contributor

Re: Who has received the Laura Geller tsv

Mine came in yesterday, but I didn’t go out this weekend due to the cold and Covid. I have to go to the grocery store tomorrow so will try the whole kit in the morning. I got the porcelain, but I’m really between that and fair so will see how it works. I haven’t worn the BnB in a long time as I’ve been wearing IT foundation so may end up wearing it as powder over that. The blush looks pretty as I like the pinks. It’s always interesting to see what you’ll get in her multi-colored items, and this has a crooked brown streak down the middle. The two halves on either side of it are the pinks so think that may work well. If I don’t want to mix any of the bronze color in I can just use the pink sides. I can use the bronze on my eyes, especially in the crease.
I’ve used her kohl eyeliners before and they’re great. This is a pretty brown color. I also got her new powder brow pencil. Wasn’t sure what color to get and decided on the medium brown. Will try it tomorrow too and think it looks like it will be okay.
Honored Contributor

I received it today and am quite pleased with everything. The lipstick doesn't travel into fine lines above the lips and the color is a nice neutral pink. The blush is pretty and goes on beautifully. I used my usual Bobbi Brown blush brush to apply. I ordered the foundation in Porcelain and it is indectable on my skin. It evens out the complexion without having a powdery look nor does it stick in pores and look dry. It gave my complexion a flawless appearance and that's with a 10 power mirror. The eyeliner was a soft pencil and it was also easy to apply.

All told, it was a good purchase. If I was nit-picking I would complain about the cheap compacts that were difficult to open but for that price, I can live with it....

Trusted Contributor

@soonersis wrote:
Mine came in yesterday, but I didn’t go out this weekend due to the cold and Covid. I have to go to the grocery store tomorrow so will try the whole kit in the morning. I got the porcelain, but I’m really between that and fair so will see how it works. I haven’t worn the BnB in a long time as I’ve been wearing IT foundation so may end up wearing it as powder over that. The blush looks pretty as I like the pinks. It’s always interesting to see what you’ll get in her multi-colored items, and this has a crooked brown streak down the middle. The two halves on either side of it are the pinks so think that may work well. If I don’t want to mix any of the bronze color in I can just use the pink sides. I can use the bronze on my eyes, especially in the crease.
I’ve used her kohl eyeliners before and they’re great. This is a pretty brown color. I also got her new powder brow pencil. Wasn’t sure what color to get and decided on the medium brown. Will try it tomorrow too and think it looks like it will be okay.

I'm giving an update to the above after wearing this a few days.  On day one I used only this kit and mascara.  It was a nice pinky-nude look.  The eyeliner is a good shade of brown, neither too dark or too light.  The lipstick is a light pinkish nude, but more of a balm than a true lipstick.  I don't really wear lipstick out anymore since I have to put a mask on so will use this at home as I have to keep something moisturizing on my lips at all times or they get chapped.  This kit plus mascara and whatever brushes you might use would be good for travel as you can use it for a full face of makeup.  Since I got the Porcelain I used the lightest color in it (basically white) for my under brow color.  I used the pink from the blush for my eyelids and the brown from the blush for the crease. Since my blush has the streak of bronze down the middle it was easy to only use the pink sides for my blush which was a very pretty pink on my fair skin.

The foundtion does not give me the coverage I like so the next day I used it over my IT Cosmetics foundation and it worked well for that.  I swept across the whole blush and picked up some of the bronze with the pink.  This is nice for more of a nude color, but I only wear that when I am wearing earth tones.  I often wear a pink blush so am very glad that my particular blush doesn't have the bronze color throughout as it showed on tv and in some of the pictures online. 

Her new brow powder pencil worked for me too.  I wasn't sure what color to get but went with the medium brown.  That's my hair color although my brows are darker.

Respected Contributor

Mine got here today with the foundation in crumbles. First time purchasing, and I ordered the fair, which was too pink on me. The blush was fine as was the eyeliner. The lipstick was not a good color on me. The set is going back, and I am not re-ordering it. I may try the foundation in the future in the light.

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

Mine got here today with the foundation in crumbles. First time purchasing, and I ordered the fair, which was too pink on me. The blush was fine as was the eyeliner. The lipstick was not a good color on me. The set is going back, and I am not re-ordering it. I may try the foundation in the future in the light.

@Ainhisg - so sorry this happened.  Make sure you mark the return slip "received damaged" so you aren't charged return shipping.