Trusted Contributor

What's your favority white nail polish?   

This summer I've been wearing Londowntown's Illuminating Nail Concealer, which has an opache white color that I love.  It looks very natural with one coat but more 'milky' white with a couple coats.  Anything too whte doesn't look good on my nails.... look like white out!

Valued Contributor

I use Color Street. I'll probably never go back to liquid polish again.

I, too love white nails. 

Honored Contributor

Re: White nail polish

[ Edited ]

I think white nails look sharp. But I would think that would need a good manicure plus a proper amount of polish to avoid any streaking. Any mistakes would be unforgiving. I admire those who can keep up with a white polished nail. It's gotta be like work!

I believe host Cali wears white nails and so do hosts Nikki (ShopHQ) and Dawn (JTV).  Their nails always look so nice to me.

Trusted Contributor

Speaking of white polish, I adore model Sheila and think she is beautiful, but, I really don't like her toenails painted white when she models sandals, makes her toenails look like claws would rather see a more subtle shade of color other than white, just IMO.

Esteemed Contributor

Essie Waltz is my favorite. It is sheer enough so it doesn't streak, and you can either keep it really sheer, or use three coats to make it white. It is never an opaque white even with the three coats. Love it.

The rule with white nail polish is when holding a piece of white paper against your wrist if the veins have a green tone white is best if the veins have a blue tone a creamy off white might look better.

Esteemed Contributor

I think sheer natural looking colors look best on most people. I have thin short nails so I generally don't wear nail polish at all. If I had strong, longer-ish nails, I might wear ANY color. No more acrylics for me. 

Respected Contributor

I'm posting only to follow this thread, as I'm interested to see the answers.

I'm always admiring white nails on others but haven't tried it yet, and would not know the best to buy for subtle, opaque, soft white.

Respected Contributor

Interesting information @manny2 .  I gave up on nail polish because I don't put in the effort to keep polished nails looking good.  Enjoy seeing what others wear.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Trusted Contributor

@amyb wrote:

I'm posting only to follow this thread, as I'm interested to see the answers.

I'm always admiring white nails on others but haven't tried it yet, and would not know the best to buy for subtle, opaque, soft white.

@amyb google OPI Funny Bunny swatches.  I also found swatch pictures on pinterest.   I just bought that and it's pretty subtle, even with 2 coats.  You might be what you're looking for!

Trusted Contributor

I love opaque white polish in the summer.  This year I'm using OPI Suzi Chases Portu-geese (would love to know how they come up with these names!).  It only takes two coats and doesn't get streaky.  It's a bit off white so doesn't look like white out.

Suzi chases portu-geese – Hanninator