Honored Contributor

Re: Whipped Body Butter Greasy?

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

Thanks.  I guess they just aren't rubbing it in completely trying to make it looke like they have glowing skin.  However, when the camera does a closeup it looks very greasy to me which is a total turnoff.  I'm tempted only because I'm getting old person skin on my arms, but I, too, would be concerned about a strong lingering scent.

@Icegoddess

I am old.....lol.......... 79 and usung Josies Body butter has kept me hydrated 24 hr a day .I am not ashamed of my arms/ or body any more.The scent doesn't linger and you will not smell like anything but your fav perfume (if you use perfume)  trust me Smiley Happy

I work outside in the yard alot, and although I wear sunscreen and luckily have a shaded back yard, I am bad not to reapply the sunscreen.  As a result, every summer I end up with a farmer tan that actually never completely fades away over winter.  That's probably why my arms are beginning to look older at 57.  I gave up perfume years ago because the lady that sat next to me in choir was allergic and would have coughing fits if anybody wore fragrances.  Even so, what I used was a very light scent.  I am sensitive to heavy scents, even laundry detergents can bother me, especially the pods which seem to be more potent than the powders were.

Respected Contributor

I have super dry skin. I find that it does leave a greasy finish on my skin for about a half hour. Then it feels soft. I prefer her unscented over the other scents I've tried.
Respected Contributor

@Stargazer77 wrote:

I was just talking to my cousin about this last night.  She loves Josie's body butters.  Personally, I find Josie's body butters greasy.  I can only use them on my feet.  But I'm very picky about my body products and generally do not like many hand lotions, both because of scent and because of texture.  Just wanted to give you an alternate opinion.

I use CeraVe lotion on my body and CeraVe cream on my feet.  Last night I mixed the CeraVe cream with Josie's body butters for my feet because I really like the scent of her body butters.  If this TSV had 2 oz. body butters instead of 4 oz. I would probably cave.  Some of the scents sound great!  If you buy it I hope you enjoy.  

I agree with you, @Stargazer77. I only tried Josie's body butters once and they were greasy to me. They just didn't sink into my skin that well. My favorite lotion is the CeraVe SA cream. It has salicylic acid in it so it exfoliates some, too. Also has very minimal scent. Unfortunately as I've gotten older I find I just can't tolerate fragrances as I once did.    

Frequent Contributor

I found the product sticky, tacky and cloying.  It didn't absorb -- rather it stayed on the top of my skin and my skin stayed sticky for awhile.  

It reminded me of how my skin feels on unbearably hot humid days, when you can't stand one part of your body touching another and you crave a breeze.

Esteemed Contributor

It's not greasy all. I have used her products for a couple of years. I always just figured that it's because they are slathering it on during the entire presentation. That is not how the normal consumer would use.

Frequent Contributor

I don't think they are greasy.  They sink into my skin. 

Respected Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

Thanks.  I guess they just aren't rubbing it in completely trying to make it looke like they have glowing skin.  However, when the camera does a closeup it looks very greasy to me which is a total turnoff.  I'm tempted only because I'm getting old person skin on my arms, but I, too, would be concerned about a strong lingering scent.

@Icegoddess

I am old.....lol.......... 79 and usung Josies Body butter has kept me hydrated 24 hr a day .I am not ashamed of my arms/ or body any more.The scent doesn't linger and you will not smell like anything but your fav perfume (if you use perfume)  trust me Smiley Happy

@MalteseMomma  Oh boy you and me both!...I do use her face butter and LOVE it, but can use the body butter on my face also..My arms & legs forget how old they are..Smiley Happy  I watch the TSV's and her "good buy" tab on her website, this way I can get the best prices...Smiley Happy mine will be here Mon!! 

Respected Contributor

Amazing how different skins react differently to products. I'm in the camp that finds Josie Maran's products greasy. I wish they would sink into my skin but, no matter how little I put on and how long I wait, it just sits on my skin and doesn't absorb. I have to say I don't have dry skin though, so the only place I usually apply any cream to is my feet and maybe my lower legs, if I'm wearing a dress with no hose (just for the "moisturized" effect). I found that her products are even greasy on my feet!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

None of her products dissolve.  They lay atop the skin.  What you see on TV is what you'll get.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Esteemed Contributor

I have the unscented one and I use it while still in my undies and bra because I find it to be greasy on my arms, legs and feet even though I try massage it in good. I have to wash my hands with good warm soapy water as soon as I'm done applying it. After about 5 or so minutes the greasy feeling goes away and I can get dressed.