Esteemed Contributor

Re: When Your Hairdresser Says.....

Anyone remeber Jose Eber, they stylist to the stars.  This was years ago, but he used to do make overs on daytime talk shows.

The first question he would ask the woman is, "How much time are you willing to spend on styling and caring for your hair?"

This is a pretty good indicator of what direction to go and how happy the client is going to be in the long run.  

I think the OP pic looks like a wig.  The curl size is completely different.  The after hair is also in much better condition.  JMO

@Icegoddess  your hair is beautiful and so are you.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs thanks.  Actually, the After hair is a looser curl than I would like, but that's okay since I can't get a looser perm than what I have.  Products can make a big difference in before/after pics too.  

I think I have Jose's book Shake Your Head, Darling, or used to.  

When I was younger and working, I was willing to spend a lot of time on my hair.  I got up every morning and showered, washed my hair, full makeup, and dried my hair followed by a full head of hot rollers.  

Now, not so much, which is why I get a perm every 9 months or so. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess I went back and looked at your posts on the Andrea thread.  I would say that your face shape is oval or a heart.  You really don't have a "heart" chin.  It isn't square or round......process of elimination, I guess. Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Icegoddess I went back and looked at your posts on the Andrea thread.  I would say that your face shape is oval or a heart.  You really don't have a "heart" chin.  It isn't square or round......process of elimination, I guess. Woman Wink

@tends2dogs I think that's the problem with categorizing a face shape and then saying that shape can only wear certain styles.  Most of us aren't fully one shape.  It's really supposed to be done with the hair pulled back though as that can influence what you see.  But, that would probably make me a devil shape with the receding hairline, LOL.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

I have heard those words half my life.  I quit going to here and my former student who owns her own shop now does my hair without talking on the phone all the time, every time!

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess Never noticed a receding hairline.  Never saw any hint of a devil shape. You are too hard on yourself. You are darling. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs I mentioned earlier in the thread that the pic was not really my inspiration hair.  I got this magazine in the mail the other day, and this is the hair I would kill for.  I realize it would be overwhelming on me and probably way too much work, but I love it. 

Inspiration Hair.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Gorgeous!  Sort of like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman on steroids.  

I bet it is wash, a little product, air dry and go.  The air dry may take awhile though.......

Honored Contributor

And a lot of deep conditioning.  

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

I 💗 those curls!

I would kill to have big, soft, curly curls like that!