Regular Contributor

Re: What's your favorite fragrance for this time of year

I am a big fan of Pirette, it is wonderful. You order directly from Pirette.

The perfume oil is made in small batches and I always receive compliments when wearing.

Respected Contributor

@Re: What's your favorite fragrance for this time of year

@scatcat   OMG...   I have not worm Paloma Picasso in SO LONG, I completely forgot about it.  I LOVED that fragrance.  May have to try to find it again.  THANK YOU.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love La Vie Est Belle, Angel, as well as Coco Mademoiselle, and Opium in very small doses for Fall/Winter!

Trusted Contributor

Re: @Re: What's your favorite fragrance for this time of year

My current favorites are Bottega Veneta and Tokyomilk Dark Tainted Love.  I also like Fresh Cannabis Santal but this is one of those fragrances that people seem to either love or hate.

I am on the hunt for a new winter fragrance as I've been wearing my favorites for a couple of year, but I haven't found anything new that I love yet.  It's a lot easier to find scents I dislike than ones I like!

Respected Contributor

Pure Grace for everyday.   I am like a walking advertisement for the stuff.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

For years I worked with someone who was sensitive to fragrance, so I wore only Bath & Body Works light fragrance sprays. Those didn't bother her. She was transferred last year, so I started wearing my "regular" fragrances again. But I missed my BBW ones. I went in to get my favorite autumn one, and as we know BBW does, it was discontinued! It was a light floral (not pumpkin or apple) scent. They told me at the time Endless Weekend would be the closest match. OK.

I settled on another one, that of course is now retired, Orange Sapphire.  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

Pure Grace for everyday.   I am like a walking advertisement for the stuff.

@Peaches McPhee  I keep a tiny bottle in my purse for touch ups!  Always well received!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love fragrances...I used to wear one signature Guerlain's "Samsara", all the time.

It's still a favorite, but I wear it more for dressy times now.

Then I started collecting Philosophy fragrances, which I liked when I wanted something light and clean.

Now I just seem to collect fragrances and wear them per mood.

So with that in mind to answer you....this time of year I turn to more warm, earthy, vanilla, musky type fragrances.

Philosophy Falling In Love is one. To me there is a subtle "pine" note in there, along with all the warmth and sweetness, that seems seasonal now to me. Also, love Fresh Cream now and anytime.

My only complaint about all their frangrances now is they wear off and I don't smell them for long anymore. Smiley Sad

I also, occasionally, mix my own versions of musk, vanilla, even add some Shalimar ...alone it can smell dated, "your grandma's perfume"...but long ago a cousin of mine did this and it smelled so delightful. Shalimar has vanilla & musk notes in it. So I take this "Original Musk" oil, with a Vanilla oil and only a dab of Shalimar. 

This summer I discovered "Juliette Has A Gun" brand of perfume,..Vanilla vibes. Mix of Vanilla and Sea Salt...great for summer but I still like it now.

And last...Pink Sugar.

Honored Contributor

Waffles and real maple syrup.  First thing in the morning.  

Respected Contributor

Good Girl Eau de Parfum Spray, 1 oz.Good Girl

The only stiletto that I ownWoman Very Happy