Trusted Contributor

Re: What is your Favorite Scent(s) and Why?

I've tried most of the core formulas (not Fig) and decided that TT is the best for me. I have fine, thinning, oily hair and am prone to flaky, itchy scalp. The TT really helps my scalp a lot. Chaz always recommends CA for oily hair and I tried that for a few months, but it doesn't work for me. I found my usual hair fallout was worse with CA, so I went back to TT and I'm going to stick with it. When I first started with WEN several years ago, I used to use a combination of TT & SAM. Then I tried LAV trying to get some volume--I don't really recall if it worked that well.

But in those years I was worried about the cost and didn't use as much as I should've and never did a second cleanse. I've recently started doing two cleanses, putting some CC back for a leave-in and using the styling cream when I plan to blow-dry and my results are SOOO much better! I always use TT for the first cleanse, the second cleanse I've mostly used WWC for the second cleanse and I've been very happy with the moisture and volume I'm getting. I've tried SAM as the second cleanse and that's fine, but not as good as WWC. I tried BGT for the second cleanse tonight for the first time and I really like it. It left my hair soft, shiny and nice volume.

I've used POM in the past and I like it quite a bit too.

Respected Contributor

On 1/16/2015 HappyDaze said:
On 1/16/2015 susan25 said:

My favorite Wen ever is SHP for scent and performance. I found this formula to give me great results and just the right amount of moisture for my hair. I am never disappointed when I use SHP.

I agree with Susan about SHP. For me, the SHP is the perfect balance of moisture. It is the only product, WEN or otherwise, that completely leaves and keeps my hair tangle-free. I have always had hair that tangles easily so this was quite the feat! It also adds super shine and bounce and I haven't had one bad hair day since using it (consistent results!). I think the four honey complex has alot to do with the amazing results. I love love love it and wish it would become a permanent formula.

Agree and I would also love for SHP to become a permanent selection. I gave my niece SHP recently and she loves it. This is her first experience with Wen and is very happy with Wen so far.

Honored Contributor

I'm curious. Does WEN offer unscented products? I imagine there must be women who not want all those scents competing with their colonges and body lotions.
Respected Contributor

On 1/17/2015 chrystaltree said: I'm curious. Does WEN offer unscented products? I imagine there must be women who not want all those scents competing with their colonges and body lotions.

Nothing unscented so far...but I think Chaz gets lots of requests for them! Maybe someday!

For me, once I've blow-dried, any scent in my hair is very faint--nothing to compete with my cologne.

Respected Contributor

My hair is very thick, heavy and loosely curly.

My favorites for performance (and scent too!) are FAS and SHP. They are moisturizing enough but not too heavy and I get incredible shine.

I like TT as a first cleanse about once per week for a good scalp invigorating cleanse.

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

I'm glad HappyDaze asked about scent versus performance, because they are definitely not the same. The scents I love most don't work for me.

Fig is my go-to and I rely on it for moisture. It's the only core formula I can use on its own and get great results, and I love to combine it with other formulas. Fig + Tea Tree works really well for me, as does Fig + Fall Tuscan Pear.

The seasonals that work best for me are Winter Cranberry Mint and Winter White Citrus.

Six-Thirteen is great for my hair is I use it sparingly. Too much protein makes my hair break, but Six-Thirteen now and again makes my hair feel so good!

My favorite scents don't work well for washing my hair, but I've incorporated them in other ways. Sweet Almond Mint is what I use as a leave-in, and all my other WEN products (remoist, replenishing treatment mist, oil, volumizing spray) I have in Sweet Almond Mint. The Fall Ginger Pumpkin and Winter Vanilla Mint are my favorite seasonal scents, but dry my hair out. I use those as a body wash.

Regular Contributor

I have shoulder length medium blonde hair with quite a few highlights and a few pink streaks. It's medium thickness, normal to dry. I use POM for my first cleanse and a POM/SHP combo for the second. I don't completely rinse out my first cleanse before I add my combo for the second, so I don't use as many pumps. I let my hair dry naturally. My hair is in great shape, super shiny and keeps color for a long time.

Respected Contributor

As for scent, I love BGT, 613, and all the seasonals. For performance, I love tea tree. I use tea tree as my first cleanse daily. I follow that with whatever floats my boat that day. I usually use a seasonal as my second cleanse.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Respected Contributor

My favorite scent is FGP and I mix it with TT. It also is one of the best for my hair and always leaves it soft and silky. I love the spicy scents, so the ginger smells just wonderful. If there is one core cc I always have to have, it would be the TT. The scent is not my favorite, but I can use it. Once the turpentine smell dissipates, it smells fresh and clean to me. Wen men also smells heavenly and works well for me. I can pretty much use any of the formulas and get good results, so I focus on the scents that i like. My hair is crazy, with 5 or 6 different types on my head and lots of cowlicks. It is heavy and thick. It is dark blonde and I get highlights twice a year. It's normal, not oily or dry.
Respected Contributor

I would have to say that based on performance, my favorite two would be FIG and SHP and I do mix them. First cleanse I usually mix one or two various seasonals with FIG and second is usually FIG and SHP with SHP cc/oil as my leave in. Favorite scent would be WVM.