Trusted Contributor

Re: What is your Favorite Eyeliner?

My go-to eyeliner pencil is Almay Raisin Quartz because it is absolutely the best color for my green eyes. It's a reddish-brown, the color of a raisin. Before that I used a l'Oreal eyeliner in the color raisin, but they don't make it anymore, or at least I can't find it. In a gel liner, I like Clinique Black Honey.
Respected Contributor

My fav is Laura Mercier. It's cake eyeliner and I have to slightly wet the brush. It's the only one that lasts on me.

I've tried all the DS kinds listed here and they didn't work on me at all. Glad you ladies had results.

Super Contributor

On 12/7/2014 Vamp said: My go-to eyeliner pencil is Almay Raisin Quartz because it is absolutely the best color for my green eyes. It's a reddish-brown, the color of a raisin. Before that I used a l'Oreal eyeliner in the color raisin, but they don't make it anymore, or at least I can't find it. In a gel liner, I like Clinique Black Honey.

I can't find it anymore either. I'll look for the Almay Raisin Quartz. I also have green eyes - black is too much and brown is boring. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/7/2014 Good4u said:
On 12/6/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

I've tried several, and believe it or not, my favorite is Physician's Formula 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Serum & Eyeliner - the one in the narrow chrome look tube, not the short chubby one. I've tried numerous pencils and they either skip, tug, wear off quickly, or irritate in some way. I've gotten away from wearing eyeliner regularly lately, but if I wanted to it would be the PF. It usually runs around $11/tube, but PF goes on sale a lot for a Bye One, Get One or something close to that.

OMG! Without a doubt...this is by far the BEST eyeliner on the market and beats everything I have every tried. If I could afford it, I would throw away everything else and just get this PF product in the long tube and they better never ever discontinue this. Did I say ever?

This does not work for me, no staying power. No matter what I try I always go back to Laura Mercier cake liner. Been using it for over 10 years now.

Trusted Contributor

On 12/7/2014 kathoderay said:
On 12/7/2014 Vamp said: My go-to eyeliner pencil is Almay Raisin Quartz because it is absolutely the best color for my green eyes. It's a reddish-brown, the color of a raisin. Before that I used a l'Oreal eyeliner in the color raisin, but they don't make it anymore, or at least I can't find it. In a gel liner, I like Clinique Black Honey.

I can't find it anymore either. I'll look for the Almay Raisin Quartz. I also have green eyes - black is too much and brown is boring. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

As far as I can tell, kathoderay, they are a close match. I still had my old l'Oreal raisin pencil when I went hunting for a dupe. I've compared them side by side, and I can't tell the difference between the two. You should be able to find the Almay pencil at just about any drug store. I think I got mine at CVS.

Trusted Contributor

On 12/6/2014 croemer said:

Kat Von D's Tattoo...does the best job of any liquid liner I have ever used.

ITA!!

Frequent Contributor

Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner or Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner pencil is the BEST!! I tried them all on my oily lids and it is the one that has the staying power.

Honored Contributor

On 12/6/2014 _Not an easy sale said:
On 12/6/2014 croemer said:

Kat Von D's Tattoo...does the best job of any liquid liner I have ever used.

It's been a long time since I have 'talked' with you, croemer, but just now- saw the liner question, then your ->Kat Von D's (?tattoo?) liquid.

~So, Hello to you croemer~

I suppose 'A' liner, for the eyes, would be my favorite, as anything having color on my face.

I have (really) not had any luck with liquids so that's why I asked.

I do remember both of us buying the tarte kit when it was in a kit over one year ago++++.

I can NOT use the smoldering eye. I had a horrible allergic reaction to anything for the eyes.
[That would be Tarte.] Buring and irritation so bad that my eyes had swollen. Never had anything like that affect my skin in any other product. Although, I could use the blushes. I have a small thin brush that I kept for years to make a quick sweep with cake mascaras, which is what works great for me. Wondering if I could use `that brush` for the liquid that you like so well? Just noticed that every sentence started out with an "I", so that must be leaning toward the EYE question with many I's from me. Corny joke.. but the best I can do with this long week! I thought about the Bobbi Brown; will read more suggestions later.

Take care, hoping to see you again soon.

I do hope that you had a very nice Thanksgivings and hoping for you, your family a very blessed Christmas.

Smile_Naes

Naes...HELLO! Good to see ya. You doing OK? and your hubby?

OMGosh I can not wear Tarte's liners either...they will make my eyes burn, tear up and seem to infect my eyes also...something terrible.

Kat Von D's liner is terrific!

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and good health.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Contributor

Mally liquid eyeliner is my favorite but I have to put IT no tug pencil over it to even it out. That is my go to combo right now.

Super Contributor

I love Bobbi Brown gel also. My newest and cheapest love is the Holika Holika pencil liner. The colors are gorgeous and they are so easy to just do a waterline line. They don't budge or run into your eyes or transfer to your bottom lash line. Plus they are 5.00 something on ebay. I have 3 now and order a new one each month.