Respected Contributor

Re: What is the best concealer?

I like Nars Radiant, or By Terry concealer. I use Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector, and find my eyes look better than with just concealer.

Respected Contributor

@Mysfgiants, what I have discovered is that when it comes to concealing discoloration, color correctors are what you really need.  The color of discoloration determines what color of corrector to use.

After applying the corrector, use any concealer you want.

If you just want to play with this idea, Maybelline has a color corrector palette which is ok,:  it will give you an idea of what it's about.

My favorite is a color correcting wheel by Graftopian: it's smooth-a little goes a long way and it lasts forever.  It's inexpensive and available on Amazon. 

Eve Pearl has a split pan concealer that I really love now because she darkened up the salmon concealer and I need that. For some, that's not going to be dark enough.  NYX is industrial strength, but be careful!  I thought I knew what I was doing and I looked like an Oompah Loompah! I had to take my MU off! A tiny bit goes a very long way.

There are dozens of videos on YouTube: my favorite is one by Glam Belle who shows using corrector to cover dark or puffy under eye circles. That may not be your issue: it's the technique.

NOTE: when it comes to learning techniques, don't waste time watching lengthy videos. In real life, nobody has time to spend 16-20 minutes on one small part of their face!

On Eve Pearl's site, she has all kinds of fantastic problem solvers....Wayne Goss? LOVE HIM!

Poodlepet2 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mysfgiants,      I use Laura Mercier's Secret Concealer.  It's creamy but does the job under the eyes and I use on any imperfections.   Cat Very Happy  I have been using a little over 4 years now.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I have the Tarte Shape tape and it's the best I've used. I also have the Maybelline age rewind and it's a great concealer and much cheaper. They have a good color selection. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Some concealers are tacky to the touch like Lancome ones which I do not like.

For dark circles under the eyes, I am fair and have been using with small dots on the shadowed areas Urban Decay Pink color corrector. I pat it lightly to spread it. I let it dry and then apply my foundation as usual. If you are darker skinned, Peach or Deep Peach in this brand is recommended,

For red spots and broken capillaries I apply again with small dots the Urban Decay concealer in the shade lighter than my foundation. I use their Light Neutral shade. I pat the areas to blend and allow to dry before applying the foundation.

Urban Decay uses a light liquid rather than a tacky formula for their concealers and color correctors.

Just remember a little goes a long way so use it sparingly on the areas you want to fix.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

Are you looking for an undereye concealer or a blemish concealer? It makes a difference.

I really like Maybelline Age Rewind and Laura Mercier's Secret Concealer for under eyes.

I second Maybelline Age Rewind. It's a great concealer for a good price.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mysfgiants wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

Are you looking for an undereye concealer or a blemish concealer? It makes a difference.

I really like Maybelline Age Rewind and Laura Mercier's Secret Concealer for under eyes.

Yes, good point. It is also helpful to know if you are looking for an undereye concealer if you are looking to cover dark circles. There are so many different types with different purposes.

I have a dark spot I'm trying to conceal.  

Many times with dark circles you have to first correct that color which is often blue/green, that would be an orangey salmon color on the color wheel to cancel that out. Eve Pearl does have a good one like others have mentioned. They used to be one of the only ones to do that but there are many brands now that offer color correction. I do believe that NYX has a color correcting palette along with tube type of concealers. Makeup Forever and Bobbi Brown has one too but you can definitely find them cheaper because so many brands offer that. You would first color correct and then add a regular flesh color concealer for best results. There are so many both high and low end brands to choose from @Mysfgiants. I would check out Sephora and Ulta and have one of the associates there actually try several brands on your circles to see which brand you like better for color and texture. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

Bought the Kose One in medium. Love it so much that I bought a second.  Very buildable coverage, natural looking, two colors and a very light setting powder.  The coverage is excellent.   Hightly recommend.

Honored Contributor

I have both very stained eyelids and some discoloration under my eyes, mostly from hollowing. I do not believe that any topical can correct this, so I use concealer, knowing that I still cannot expect perfection.

Currently, I am using Lancome's Effercenes Waterproof concealer in a tube. I use it in the same shade as my Lancome stick foundation. It does an excellent job without being as thick as, say, It Cosmetics concealer. And it is truly waterproof, as my eyes can sometimes tear, especially on my walks when it's windy.

I also sometimes use L'Oreal Visible Lift Serum Absolute concealer, which is very handy and quite good. I think that both products are highly rated by Beautypedia.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Frequent Contributor

I use Marilyn Miglin undercover in porcelain.  I'm suoer fair and it works great under foundation for the under eye.  I've literally used it for 20+ years.  Years ago, I had a make up artist come to my home and do my face and I suggested she try using my own concealer and she loved it!