Occasional Contributor

I have tried everything out there, what's next.

I have tried everything under the sun for my adult acne.  I have used over the counter, ordered on-line, you name it.  I have under skin large bumps on my cheeks and small ones around mouth.  I have not gone to a derm yet. I have tried the over the counter face peels,etc. Nothing has worked.  What is next for me?   Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Re: I have tried everything out there, what's next.

If you haven't been to a dermatologist, how do you know it's adult acne???? 

Valued Contributor

Go to the derm.  At age 64 I still have this issue and last time I went to my derm, she told me "cut out all your products".  She said most adult acne (little white bumps) is caused by products.  So no makeup, no nothing.  All I use now is  Perlier Hydrozone and most of those bumps have disappeared and I don't have any new ones.  But it's taken almost a year for this to happen.  

Occasional Contributor

I guess I know that it is adult acne because I saw a derm 20 years ago for somethiing else, and she said that is what I have and I am an adult at age 70 I would think.

Respected Contributor

How about try something ORAL instead of TOPICAL.

Go to AMAZON and look up ESTRO-BLOCK and read the reviews

https://smile.amazon.com/Estroblock-PRO-TRIPLE-STRENGTH-3-Carbinol/dp/B00O2SZZ56/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=...

Maybe this would help? I know it has helped so many others I know.

Super Contributor

@berner mom

There is a new product that used to be prescription only and now available over-the-counter called differin acne gel .  My teenage daughter  has been using it for a month and has great results with it as well as my girlfriend who is in her 40s 

It is Retinal based .  I purchased it at CVS .

Good luck and I hope this helps !

Occasional Contributor

ps, mine are NOT little white bumps, they are really big ones under the skin, not red, sore or anything. Sometimes they come to the surfce, but not often.

Honored Contributor

@berner mom

If you haven't tried an elimination diet of some kind yet, that is what I'd suggest. There are many out there - one good one is Whole30.

Respected Contributor

Please don't self diagnose a skin condition. Get to a dr. It could be any number of things, and might be so easy to fix. Good luck.

Honored Contributor

I would advise only one thing at this point: Make an appointment with a dermatologist.

I would not start taking anything oral that is not recommded by a doctor, and I wouldn't start messing with my diet, other than of course eating healthfully as we all should.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland