Valued Contributor

Re: What discontinued beauty products do you wish could come back?

@SportyShorty07 , thanks for those ideas.  I am using a Brown/Black mascara from Burt's Bees and one from Covergirl called Cleantopia.  I miss an espresso brown mascara from Bare Minerals that is discontinued.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@TerryNJ  I'll definitely try Burts Bees Mascara and Covergirl Cleantopia mascara- thank you for the tips Smiley Happy.  Bare Minerals really needs to bring back their Espresso mascara- such a great color.  I've noticed that its becoming increasingly difficult to find brown mascaras these days.  I wish I could wear black mascara, it would be so much easier to buy in the drugstores from any brands, but black mascara is too harsh against my blue green eyes and my smaller eye shape. 

Honored Contributor

@Queen of shop wrote:

I still miss Earth Born apricot shampoo. Also Lemon Up shampoo with the plastic yellow lemon top. In the 70's being a teenager with raging hormones in constant flux, my hair was an oil slick daily. I HAD to wash my hair everyday. Shampoo that I loved the smells of was very important to me.

I did purchase Walmarts Herbal Essence. Just not the same. What a huge comeback these shampoos would make, IMO, with the original formulas.

The current Herbal Essence is made by Proctor & Gamble. Clairol made the original Herbal Essence.

Wonder if Proctor & Gamble bought the rights to the name and then came up with their own similar formula.

Valued Contributor

It slipped under my radar when the Philosophy Miracle Worker lactic acid cleanser and mask was discontinued. Love it so much, still use it once/twice a week as a gentle exfoliating treatment. Now it's only available on ebay, and mega pricey too. I first discovered it more than a few years here on the Q.

IMG_1732.jpg

Valued Contributor

@SweetPaisley I really liked Prescriptives lipstick, eye cream, virtual skin foundation, concealers, and mascara too. After they closed their store counters, I still could shop online. Now they're totally and regretfully gone, except for online re-sellers. I still have 2 unopened mascaras I nabbed before the "end."

Contributor

Clinique lipstick in Spiced Ginger. I haven't been able to find anything else close.
Respected Contributor

A Rimmel lipstick in the shade Untamed. It was the perfect nude for me. I bought what I could find on eBay until it disappeared completely. 😥

Super Contributor

The Original Perfect Plus Shampoos and Conditioner from Nick Chavez. Boy I sure miss him.
Respected Contributor

@Trix - wrote:

Laura Geller used to make an eye primer that was "black".  It was wonderful

@Trix 

Are you talking about the Laura Geller Fortifying Eyelash Primer in black? 

I was informed by her website that this primer has not been discontinued but they cannot say when they are re-stocking this primer which is very popular, they have been out for over a year, I love this primer, I believe I have purchased all that was available on eBay.

Esteemed Contributor

@SportyShorty07 wrote:

@Trix  What was it like to meet Bobbie Brown and get a makeover/lipstick selection from her? That must've been really fun Smiley Happy

It was one of those moments of a lifetime for someone who likes makeup as much as I do. Bobbi was very much like she came across on QVC, cordial, but not overly friendly and talkative. She did answer questions as we went along.  I walked away with a better understanding of how to create a natural-looking face and also how to make those same neutral, almost skintone colors look dramatic for formal makeup.  It was flattering to me and kind of her to compliment my brows (which I have always done myself after learning how to).  

However, the best (celebrity) makeover I've ever had was done by Holly Mordini when she was still with Smashbox.  OMG, I did not want to wash my face after that makeover!